Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Worlds Most/Best/Biggest [fill in the blank]

The Worlds Most/Best/Biggest [fill in the blank]

Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:47 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Worlds Most/Best/Biggest [fill in the blank]

Originally Posted by CarlM
Im the unfortunate victim of a 2004 Chevy Cavalier.
You have my sympathy.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:55 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

i don't know how many times I've heard that america has the best highways in the world... i try to remember that as i avoid all the blown tires and potholes on my way to columbus from Cincy....
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:31 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Titchski
I can agree with that, when we moved here 5 years ago it was quiet, 4 hours on our street - you really could hear a pin drop. Now... well our neighbourhood is built out almost completely, theres loads of people - for the most part they're friendly, but the city is getting too much population for the amenities available, so people tend to have shorter fuses and its not as much fun here as it was.

The saving grace is the British American Club here (although I'm biased, I got lumbered with being President this year ). I think if we didn't have that link, we'd have moved on already.
Yea we moved up here and its gorgeous...a bit like Cheshire but with the florida weather...loads of rolling hills covered in ancient oaks, horse farms and room to breath! And the people are much, much friendlier.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:27 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And I worry when my 34" waist pants start to get a bit tight.

I saw a documentary called the Half Ton Man...he actually weighed in at over half a ton - 1072lbs!!! His breakfast every day was FIVE 20" pizzas!

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/he...22halfton.html

Theres only one way to get that enourmous...eat shit loads...but there has to be mental problems to allow it. I really, really could not physically eat that much. Ever.
He's only the half the man he used to be....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8357654/ but still got a long way to go.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:28 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
You have my sympathy.
Its still very difficult to talk about..
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
May be the biggest, only the best because it's drummed into them, my OH is bloody sick of it and cant wait to get out
I think in numbers, China and perhaps North Korea might have something to say about that
Old Jan 27th 2006, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I think in numbers, China and perhaps North Korea might have something to say about that
Yes agree with you there Bob.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

The US has the best healthcare system in the world. At least, according to George Bush. Wait for that line to be repeated in the state of the union address next week, without mention that 45 million people have no insurance and that medical bills are the biggest cause of personal bankruptcy.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by CarlM
..we all know America builds the best cars in the world.. (with the exception of Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dodge, GMC, Jeep, Lincoln and mercury - which are all shite)
tried to karma that little gem
Old Jan 27th 2006, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

I saw a documentary called the Half Ton Man...he actually weighed in at over half a ton - 1072lbs!!! His breakfast every day was FIVE 20" pizzas!

I really, really could not physically eat that much. Ever.
That's right. As a northener that would be your whole daily intake
Old Jan 27th 2006, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dimsie
"America has the best military in the world" (Gawd help us all!!!!! )
Yes they certainly do, after all what other country in the world woul've sent 20,000 rapid response troops into Grenada because ""45"" Cuban's were there, and then give all 20,000 a f**king campaign medal.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Judging by the almost total collapse in domestic sales of American cars in the past few decades, I think you'd be hard pressed to find an American who thought American cars were the best in the world. However, I must admit, the new Dodge Challenger kicks ass.
The "Challenger" hasn't even been given the green light to go into production yet by Daimler Chrysler, it's still a design prototype awaiting approval.

Unless you are refering to the "Charger" thats back in production now as a four door sedan :scared:
Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cutina
i don't know how many times I've heard that america has the best highways in the world... i try to remember that as i avoid all the blown tires and potholes on my way to columbus from Cincy....
You've heard that from USC's that have never driven on the French Autoroutes.

As much as I detest anything French I have to admit that they have the motorway system sewn up as far as traffic congestion and actual road surfaces are concerned.

Just a bloody shame they cost an arm and a leg to drive on.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 12:56 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
You've heard that from USC's that have never driven on the French Autoroutes.

As much as I detest anything French I have to admit that they have the motorway system sewn up as far as traffic congestion and actual road surfaces are concerned.

Just a bloody shame they cost an arm and a leg to drive on.
German Autobahns you southern shandy drinking, poofter
Old Jan 28th 2006, 3:35 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
...without mention that 45 million people have no insurance and that medical bills are the biggest cause of personal bankruptcy.
won't be cause for bankruptcy no more though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.