Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Worlds Most/Best/Biggest [fill in the blank]

The Worlds Most/Best/Biggest [fill in the blank]

Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:47 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Worlds Most/Best/Biggest [fill in the blank]

Originally Posted by TruBrit
ohh that must be texas then
I don't care where it is, I just know its the family equivalent of the Bose noise cancelling headphones!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:49 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I know.....its astounding, isn't it? I thought it was a bigger problem in the South (morbid obesity) but there was actually an article (and picture) here in Seattle, where the fire department had to take this (their estimate was 600 to 800 pound) man out of his apartment window to get him out and to a hospital. Yikes! :scared:
And I worry when my 34" waist pants start to get a bit tight.

I saw a documentary called the Half Ton Man...he actually weighed in at over half a ton - 1072lbs!!! His breakfast every day was FIVE 20" pizzas!

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/he...22halfton.html

Theres only one way to get that enourmous...eat shit loads...but there has to be mental problems to allow it. I really, really could not physically eat that much. Ever.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Titchski
I don't care where it is, I just know its the family equivalent of the Bose noise cancelling headphones!
LOL. Very good.

BTW where abouts are you on the gulf? Im in North West Central FLA.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:05 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

I saw a documentary called the Half Ton Man...he actually weighed in at over half a ton - 1072lbs!!! His breakfast every day was FIVE 20" pizzas!

Theres only one way to get that enourmous...eat shit loads...but there has to be mental problems to allow it. I really, really could not physically eat that much. Ever.
Its amazing how this 'illness' doesnt affect people in poor countries. I get mighty annoyed at documentaries showing someones agony of obesity. Just stop bloody eating!!!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CarlM
Its amazing how this 'illness' doesnt affect people in poor countries. I get mighty annoyed at documentaries showing someones agony of obesity. Just stop bloody eating!!!

Abundance of fat and calorie dense cheap foods. I read somewhere the other day of a popular new menu item at one of the burger joints....the "sandwich" alone is over 1400 calories and it costs about $3.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:13 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. Very good.

BTW where abouts are you on the gulf? Im in North West Central FLA.
We're in Fort Myers / Cape Coral. Nice area, lots of Germans to take the piss out of.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Titchski
We're in Fort Myers / Cape Coral. Nice area, lots of Germans to take the piss out of.
Ah south of us. We were in Palm Beach County until Xmas but we moved out of there as its urbanised hell.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I saw that as well. And I agree there has to be mental problems. If I remember correctly he was a pretty big kid, growing up. And constantly felt like he wasn't full. He also had gastric bypass, but in the end he was back to eating really bad things again. Just goes to prove that surgery can't correct everything. I feel bad for these people, they really do have serious problems. Its not as easy to just say "stop eating" I'm sure if it wasm they would have stopped a long time ago.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:46 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

..we all know America builds the best cars in the world.. (with the exception of Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dodge, GMC, Jeep, Lincoln and mercury - which are all shite)
Sounds like you've been listening to Car Talk on NPR! Or maybe you've just owned an American car at some point.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:48 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
Sounds like you've been listening to Car Talk on NPR! Or maybe you've just owned an American car at some point.
Im the unfortunate victim of a 2004 Chevy Cavalier.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 2:58 am
Guttural Brumerican

Ah south of us. We were in Palm Beach County until Xmas but we moved out of there as its urbanised hell.
I can agree with that, when we moved here 5 years ago it was quiet, 4 hours on our street - you really could hear a pin drop. Now... well our neighbourhood is built out almost completely, theres loads of people - for the most part they're friendly, but the city is getting too much population for the amenities available, so people tend to have shorter fuses and its not as much fun here as it was.

The saving grace is the British American Club here (although I'm biased, I got lumbered with being President this year ). I think if we didn't have that link, we'd have moved on already.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:10 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
How many times have we heard this? America has the Worlds most/best/biggest/first.....whatever?

What have you heard?

Your turn!

"America has the best military in the world" (Gawd help us all!!!!! )
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimsie
"America has the best military in the world" (Gawd help us all!!!!! )
May be the biggest, only the best because it's drummed into them, my OH is bloody sick of it and cant wait to get out
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

'The US home of the most tiresome, boastful and nationalistic bumper stickers'

Annette
Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:35 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

..we all know America builds the best cars in the world.. (with the exception of Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dodge, GMC, Jeep, Lincoln and mercury - which are all shite)
Judging by the almost total collapse in domestic sales of American cars in the past few decades, I think you'd be hard pressed to find an American who thought American cars were the best in the world. However, I must admit, the new Dodge Challenger kicks ass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.