Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

....and world peace, Stan

....and world peace, Stan

Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:34 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default ....and world peace, Stan

Tonight I had my first experience with teen scholarship princess pagents. My babysitter 'Spirit' (her real name) was in one tonight and we went down to support her. At first I thought spending two hours looking at 17 year old girls would be fun, my God these things are awful.

From 38 contestants in the first section it was wittled down to 15 semi-finalists - out of the 38 there where 8 black girls and not one made the semis - even though they were all excellent. The interview question was "what have you learnt from this experience" and no-one answered the question, they all went on about how wonderful all the other girls where.

The winner was so obvious from the get-go that the previous two hours seemed pretty pointless.

Another piece of Americana tasted, another thing to spit back out.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ....and world peace, Stan

Originally Posted by Patrick
Tonight I had my first experience with teen scholarship princess pagents. My babysitter 'Spirit' (her real name) was in one tonight and we went down to support her. At first I thought spending two hours looking at 17 year old girls would be fun, my God these things are awful.

From 38 contestants in the first section it was wittled down to 15 semi-finalists - out of the 38 there where 8 black girls and not one made the semis - even though they were all excellent. The interview question was "what have you learnt from this experience" and no-one answered the question, they all went on about how wonderful all the other girls where.

The winner was so obvious from the get-go that the previous two hours seemed pretty pointless.

Never been to one, but can only imagine how bad it could be. As you say the worst part of Americana. Thinking about it just makes me cringe.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 4:01 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Is 'Spirit' hot?
Old Mar 5th 2006, 4:20 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Is 'Spirit' hot?
she's my 17 year old babysitter, there is no way I could commit to any kind of an answer
Old Mar 5th 2006, 4:25 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

she's my 17 year old babysitter, there is no way I could commit to any kind of an answer
I'm going to take that as a yes

I can imagine she is blond, leggy and slightly naive
Old Mar 5th 2006, 4:50 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Kids ones are worse, saw a documentry about it all once, they are usually forced into it by their parents (usually the mother) i think its a sad attempt to try and make the parents lives more fulfilling and to give them a shot at the limelight, while at the mean time not caring how the kid feels and what they are missing out on, just incase they wreck their 'beauty' by falling out of a tree or by doing something else that kids do! if they want that but a f***ing doll ffs! i just think the whole thing is wrong! (i like, really, like, want to like, save the enviroment like, and my beauty like, can like, help the world like, come to some like, peace agreement like, heheheheheheheh! pass me a f***ing bucket someone!) Rant Over !!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

A very good response Patrick
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:11 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Senior Prom........meringue dresses not fitting ............house full of teenagers......"Oh my God, Oh my God"...........Limo hire.......money, money, money.......The nightmares are returning
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Senior Prom........meringue dresses not fitting ............house full of teenagers......"Oh my God, Oh my God"...........Limo hire.......money, money, money.......The nightmares are returning
Not happening here I can tell you.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:17 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
The good part was having my step daughters boyfriends parents turn up on their Harley and getting pissed as a fart with them, so it wasn't all bad
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I've only just noticed, you seem to have a number 1 fan
Old Mar 5th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds worse than my night out to my daughters elementary school talent show. My OH kept telling me off for apparently laughing in the wrong places, and that my British sense of humour wouldn't be appreciated by the other parents who took it all deadly seriously We had to sit through 28 acts, such as girls dancing to Brittany Spears or singing patriotic/religious songs. Unfortunately we couldn't leave half way through as our daughter was in the 5th grade finale.

Annette
Old Mar 5th 2006, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by nethead
We had to sit through 28 acts, such as girls dancing to Brittany Spears or singing patriotic/religious songs. Unfortunately we couldn't leave half way through as our daughter was in the 5th grade finale.

Annette
:scared::scared:
Old Mar 5th 2006, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Welcome to my world!!....a 17 yr old and a 15yr old...aaarrrggghhhhh
Old Mar 5th 2006, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by paul_TX
Welcome to my world!!....a 17 yr old and a 15yr old...aaarrrggghhhhh
Girls are worse, although watching the angst from the boys about who to take as a date is scarey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.