British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   World Market...Sale? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/world-market-sale-471844/)

Ash UK/US Aug 6th 2007 2:49 am

World Market...Sale?

I stopped off at World Market this afternoon to buy some english beans to go with the sausage I bought the other day any how they had a sale on the Heinz Beans, 50% off making them 89 cents a can, probably couldn't buy them for much less in ASDA or Tesco. I also bought a packet of Cadbury chocolate fingers at 50% off making them $1.49 a packet. They also had Cadbury whole nut chocolate, Chocolate Chip biscuits and 4pk Crunchie bars at 50% off.
Not sure if this is a company wide sale or if they are just local, I don't shop at World Market much... I did stock up on beans today though.

I love a bargain.

Ash :)

dukeynorton Aug 6th 2007 3:15 am

Re: World Market...Sale?

Check the dates on that stuff, biscuits particularly. I have made the mistake of buying English stuff before and its obviously been sitting there for ages - very annoying!

Ash UK/US Aug 6th 2007 3:38 am

Originally Posted by dukeynorton (Post 5152923)
Check the dates on that stuff, biscuits particularly. I have made the mistake of buying English stuff before and its obviously been sitting there for ages - very annoying!

half of the beans do go out of date next month the other half expire in Jan 08. I only bought one pack of biccies and they still have a couple of months on them.

uktoamerica Aug 6th 2007 3:52 am

Will check my local store tomorrow, thanks...

Good old World Market - so handy for my Double Decker fix!

Mad Max7 Aug 6th 2007 3:58 am

Sounds good, pity there ain't one here!! Will have to stock up next time we are in GR @ the Van Andel for a show!

Irn-bru Aug 6th 2007 4:42 am

At the end of the UK row they always usually have some Brit stuff mostly coming up to their sell by date or bashed etc.
But I go through it so quickly anyway I clear those shelves out first :D

Adnams Aug 6th 2007 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US (Post 5152876)
I stopped off at World Market this afternoon to buy some english beans to go with the sausage I bought the other day any how they had a sale on the Heinz Beans, 50% off making them 89 cents a can, probably couldn't buy them for much less in ASDA or Tesco. I also bought a packet of Cadbury chocolate fingers at 50% off making them $1.49 a packet. They also had Cadbury whole nut chocolate, Chocolate Chip biscuits and 4pk Crunchie bars at 50% off.
Not sure if this is a company wide sale or if they are just local, I don't shop at World Market much... I did stock up on beans today though.

I love a bargain.

Ash :)

Mmm chocolate fingers havent had those in yonks! Dont have a World market around here mores the pity.

Gtsnapper Aug 6th 2007 5:00 pm

The prices at World Market seem to be not much more, and sometimes even the same as buying stuff back home. I much prefer paying for the transport costs now, than the VAT. :p

Paul S Aug 6th 2007 10:53 pm

makes me rather tempted just to belt up to our local one now and see if they have a sale on:eek:

Biiiiink Aug 6th 2007 11:04 pm

I went to Meijers on your recommendation Ash, couldn't find the malt loaf but got lots of other goodies, thanks for mentioning it in the other thread :thumbup:

One thing that was surprising was the pots of Devon Cream, clearly marked "keep refrigerated" just sitting on the shelves along with all the biccies and long life stuff. Separated out in the pot, totally rancid... I pity the poor people who buy that thinking they'll have a nice scone and jam when they get home :blink:

Paul S Aug 6th 2007 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Biiiiink (Post 5156311)
One thing that was surprising was the pots of Devon Cream, clearly marked "keep refrigerated" just sitting on the shelves along with all the biccies and long life stuff. Separated out in the pot, totally rancid... I pity the poor people who buy that thinking they'll have a nice scone and jam when they get home :blink:

we often see that in our local WM and I can never fathom out how they sell the damn stuff. Nearly as bad as the cheese they package in sealed bags and leave un-refrigerated:ohmy:

Ash UK/US Aug 7th 2007 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Biiiiink (Post 5156311)
I went to Meijers on your recommendation Ash, couldn't find the malt loaf but got lots of other goodies, thanks for mentioning it in the other thread :thumbup:

great, actually the only meijer store that had the malt loaf that I have seen is the one in Cascade, GR. It was in the freezer along with the bacon etc. I think most Meijer stores carry the stuff on the shelf.
Your right about the clotted cream :ohmy:

Ash UK/US Aug 7th 2007 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Irn-bru (Post 5153027)
But I go through it so quickly anyway I clear those shelves out first :D

Same here... with 2 girls, my hubby and I, it doesn't last long.

My girls tried the choc fingers last night, they were a hit, go figure. I will have to stock pile them along with their Rich Tea biccies now.

mcbarker Aug 7th 2007 1:51 pm

Our local Stop & Shop supermarket sells quite a bit of UK imported stuff. I think I buy up most of their Heinz Beans, Ambrosia Creamed Rice, and Custard, and Bassett's Liquorice Allsorts. I tried their Cadbury's chocolate bars, but found that they were made by Hershey in the US, and that they didn't have the same taste as real Cadbury's chocolate. Now I need to find a place that sells real Cadbury's Roses Chocolates (in the BIG tins). I haven't seen those anywhere here.