British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   World Market (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/world-market-341940/)

Lesley1020 Dec 9th 2005 2:05 pm

World Market

I am in bliss!!!!! This store opened last week (2 within a 30 mile radius!) and I think my waistline is going to be increasing dramatically!

I know people have mentioned this store before, but there was never one remotely close - and I was thrilled to see that they didn't just have the usual measly "international" food section like Schnooks with their crappy selection.

This place is great! They had tins of biscuits (Fox) for Christmas, selection boxes, a full Cadburys section (all made in England), Walkers crisps, WHITE lemonade (great I can have a decent long vodka now!) and a bunch of other stuff - my husband is now a sworn convert and says he will never eat Hersheys choc or Hostess cup cakes again haha. He finally conceded that it tastes like vomit smells :eek:

The new Fox's Creations biccies with rasperry and white choc are yummy, I feel another trip coming on to stock up..... :D

geordiegirl2 Dec 9th 2005 2:09 pm

Re: World Market

Originally Posted by Lesley1020
I am in bliss!!!!! This store opened last week (2 within a 30 mile radius!) and I think my waistline is going to be increasing dramatically!

I know people have mentioned this store before, but there was never one remotely close - and I was thrilled to see that they didn't just have the usual measly "international" food section like Schnooks with their crappy selection.

This place is great! They had tins of biscuits (Fox) for Christmas, selection boxes, a full Cadburys section (all made in England), Walkers crisps, WHITE lemonade (great I can have a decent long vodka now!) and a bunch of other stuff - my husband is now a sworn convert and says he will never eat Hersheys choc or Hostess cup cakes again haha. He finally conceded that it tastes like vomit smells :eek:

The new Fox's Creations biccies with rasperry and white choc are yummy, I feel another trip coming on to stock up..... :D

I couldn't live without World Market, buy all my heinz soups there, custard and rice pudding for the kids, choc, curry mixes,and for xmas i've got walkers sweet mince pies, a stack of foxes biscuits which are all on sale at the moment and last week i discovered toffeepops and jammie dodgers which took me back years, glad you now can enjoy it too.

BigDavyG Dec 9th 2005 2:10 pm

Yep, they are top shops. Maybe a tad pricey, but well worth it imo.

Chorlton Dec 9th 2005 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Yep, they are top shops. Maybe a tad pricey, but well worth it imo.

Yep, good but expensive. Central Market is pretty good too.

britvic Dec 9th 2005 2:19 pm

Quality dont come cheep :)

BigDavyG Dec 9th 2005 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
Quality dont come cheep :)

I tried that line during my last salary review...

Didn't work though :(

TN-Dave Dec 9th 2005 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Yep, good but expensive. Central Market is pretty good too.

No fair - I want one near me... tell them to move to TN. You can actually get PROPER lemonade ? R.Whites ?

britvic Dec 9th 2005 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I tried that line during my last salary review...

Didn't work though :(

LOL :D

TN-Dave Dec 9th 2005 2:26 pm

Do they have a website ?

Chorlton Dec 9th 2005 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
Do they have a website ?

http://www.worldmarket.com/home.jsp

CarlM Dec 9th 2005 2:29 pm

LOL - Kudos on the Hersheys comment.. tastes like chalk dipped in cocoa!

BigDavyG Dec 9th 2005 2:29 pm

No fair - I want one near me... tell them to move to TN. You can actually get PROPER lemonade ? R.Whites ?

I think so.

I have 3 within a 20 minute drive of me :p

TN-Dave Dec 9th 2005 2:30 pm

Thanks.... Didn't find much online. Either I'm looking in the wrong section or I'm having a bad day - could be either. IS it Friday yet ?????

I'll stick to Wise Choice in Ohio.

Chorlton Dec 9th 2005 2:32 pm

Thanks.... Didn't find much online. Either I'm looking in the wrong section or I'm having a bad day - could be either. IS it Friday yet ?????

I'll stick to Wise Choice in Ohio.

I looked too, and the website is all show and no content - how about that?
They have Heniz, Pataks, Cadburys, Foxs, McVities, and some stuff like rice pudding, christmas pudding etc.

TN-Dave Dec 9th 2005 2:34 pm

I looked too, and the website is all show and no content - how about that?
They have Heniz, Pataks, Cadburys, Foxs, McVities, and some stuff like rice pudding, christmas pudding etc.

Sounds like my kinda store..... All I have left from the last time anyone brought stuff over is my stash of Tesco's Custard, Decent tea bags and Beechams Cold and Flu stuff. That works SOOOO much better than from anything over here.