Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

World Gone Mad ?

World Gone Mad ?

Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default World Gone Mad ?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041029/325/f5joe.html

Absolute bollocks, they got what they deserved, as Arthur 'Bomber' Harris said at the time, you sowed the wind, you reaped the whirlwind.

Maybe we should send heartfelt sympathies to all the SS that died in the war all they were doing was 'obeying orders'.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:34 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Gone Mad ?

Did the germans ever apologise for The Blitz or for the Holocaust?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them to go to hell!!! Will the UK get an appology for all the Brits that were killed? I think not!! They got what they deserved and if they did not like it they should not have started the war in the first place! Who will want an appology next, Vietnam, Bosnia, Iraq or Afghanistan?? The queen should tell them where to get off!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

What about an apology for the people in Coventry that suffered during the bombing. As someone said before, the Germans apologise, I think not. Its not in their nature to apologise. A bit like the Americans in that respect.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:22 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

The Americans are never wrong so why should they apologise?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vegas

Of course not ! The estimated 100,000 civilians killed in 18 months by the US policies in Iraq ( many women & kids ) were of course not voters so what the heck. Their fault for living in the way of Uncle Sam's liberation marchl.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 4:00 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
What about an apology for the people in Coventry that suffered during the bombing. As someone said before, the Germans apologise, I think not. Its not in their nature to apologise. A bit like the Americans in that respect.

That's kind of you to mention Coventry. It's my home city and all of my family still live there.

The 'old' St. Michael's Cathedral which is now just a shell was bombed in the Blitz and most of the city was obliterated. The 'new' Cathedral is adjacent to the old one and is reknowned worldwide as a centre of reconciliation and forgiveness.

It wasn't just Coventry and London which suffered in the Blitz...other major cities were bombed too. My mother-in-law was a teenager in the Plymouth area and she actually says that a stray German plane was firing bullets as she was walking down a country lane.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

My dad is very much into first and secind world war history so I have seen alot of the history and documentary shows etc... about 6 years ago I was in Poland and I visited the Auschwitz Concentration Camp (now a huge museum) words could not really describe what that was like... the germans want an apology? they have quite a few million to hand out first. That news story has to be a joke!

Ash
Old Oct 29th 2004, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vegas
Now I've heard everything! I feel I want to vomit

Old Oct 30th 2004, 9:38 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
Did the germans ever apologise for The Blitz or for the Holocaust?
I can only reiterate what everyone else has said on this thread.
Maybe we'll consider an apology after Germany has grovelled seriously to Poland, Holland, France and especially Russia. And not forgetting the people of Jersey - the only piece of British soil they ever got their feet on.

I'm more than happy to forgive and forget. After all, we need to move on, learn from our mistakes and never allow something like the holocaust to happen again. But asking us to make an apology is ridiculous!

This reminds me of the famous Fawlty Towers scene -

German: "Will you stop mentioning the war!"
Basil: "You started it."
German: "We did not start it!"
Basil: "Yes you did. You invaded Poland..."
Old Oct 30th 2004, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englishmum
That's kind of you to mention Coventry. It's my home city and all of my family still live there.

The 'old' St. Michael's Cathedral which is now just a shell was bombed in the Blitz and most of the city was obliterated. The 'new' Cathedral is adjacent to the old one and is reknowned worldwide as a centre of reconciliation and forgiveness.

It wasn't just Coventry and London which suffered in the Blitz...other major cities were bombed too. My mother-in-law was a teenager in the Plymouth area and she actually says that a stray German plane was firing bullets as she was walking down a country lane.

Reminds me of the story of the 2 prostitutes in London who decided to open a fish & chip shop with the proceeds of their work.

One night the germans bombed so bad the left wall was damaged, a sign appeared in the window, DUE TO HITLER, FISH ARE LITTLER.

Next night the bombs damaged the right wall, another sign, DUE TO HIMMLER CHIPS ARE SIMILIAR.

On the third night the germans flattened the entire area, all that was seen on the rubble of the chippie was a sign DUE TO GOERING GONE BACK WHORING..