Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Working for USPS

Working for USPS

Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light
Default Working for USPS

Okay so I found out one has to take the battery exam for USPS positions. my question is how do you schedule or find out testing centers on where to take the exam? Is there a number to call?

I tried looking at the career section of USPS but there is no info that can help me.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:11 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working for USPS

dont you also have to be a citizen? (dont know your status?). Im sure i read that somewhere?
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MsElui
dont you also have to be a citizen? (dont know your status?). Im sure i read that somewhere?
no its open to citizens OR PR's -like me
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whatadiva
Okay so I found out one has to take the battery exam for USPS positions. my question is how do you schedule or find out testing centers on where to take the exam? Is there a number to call?

I tried looking at the career section of USPS but there is no info that can help me.
http://tinyurl.com/kswy9o

Is that what you need?
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:55 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.usps.com/employment/emplo...nav_employreqs
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whatadiva

My local postie office has a poster that tells you what to do...maybe ask your local?

And yeah, LPR's can be posties these days, been the case for a few years now.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:04 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Round our way, at least, USPS has no vacancies. That doesn't stop the newspapers being full of ads saying "USPS is hiring." All they want to do is sell you a "training course".
Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:06 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Round our way, at least, USPS has no vacancies. That doesn't stop the newspapers being full of ads saying "USPS is hiring." All they want to do is sell you a "training course".
Same in my area then they put you on the course, and after that it can be months before you hear anything....sadly I would not hold my breath on this application, I hope I can be proved wrong.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

20masonroad will become famous soon enough

Trust me....USPS is not hiring.........Period
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of my neighbours works for USPS, they are very picky on their hiring policies, they usually hire 'friends of friends', family etc, so any job opening that is advertised, is usually done so, only because they have too.

Good luck to the OP though, I guess there are always exceptions to the rules
Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:36 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Believe it or not USPS jobs are highly sought after (great benefits). A few relatives and a friend were posties or retired from their. The more recent employees started out as temps/part time/fill INS until an opening became available (but you may have long wait). My bil was a sat man fir over 5 years and never did get perm pos. He had to give it up when his EEG job transferred him. A teacher friend I knew was new to our area and got a temp summer job filling fir people on vacation fir a large city. It was all walking but she stuck it out and got perm job after few years.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Same here ... first husband worked as a postal carrier and my dad worked as a postal janitor. Years back it was civil service and preference was given to military veterans. I even took the exam and was eventually called to work a year or so later. Declined it however. Yes, it has great benefits and the salary is livable.