Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

working in usa

working in usa

Old Sep 7th 2004, 11:27 am
Just Joined

mcfcuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working in usa

Hi all, I just arrived in the US on a k3 visa. I am hoping someone can advise on whether it is best to apply for my ead(i765) on the k3 or to apply for my i-485(permanent residency) which includes the ead. I live in virginia, so I think I would apply at either the vermont service centre or the national benefit centre, not sure which one. I'm looking to get working asap, so any advise would be great, thanks, Nick Maclean.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 4:30 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: working in usa

Check this info here on applying for an EAD.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working in usa

An EAD you can definately get (an interim) one in 90 days. The I-485 will take a good while longer. You need to do both. It will tell you on the form, but most likely for your application will need to go to the local service centre with duristiction over your address, not Vermont or benefits center. It will tell you how to work it out on the form you send in.