Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

working in Nunavut (Arctic Canada)

working in Nunavut (Arctic Canada)

Old Aug 16th 2002, 10:43 pm
Floyd Davidson

Default Re: working in Nunavut (Arctic Canada)

[email protected] (BraveNewWhirl) wrote:
    >> That didn't exactly look like a list of "Toronto lawyers" to me. I happen to think
    >> that Native lawyers are where the future of Native people is at. I'm well
    >> acquainted with a number of Alaska Natives who have law degrees, including the
    >> first two Yupik Eskimo's to graduate from law schools. Having three or four of
    >> them on the board, plus a number of other Native leaders, not to mention a goals
    >> statement which has the right emphasis, is very convincing, which you are not.
    >For a yank who is familiar only with yankee situations you certainly like to push
    >your weight around. But hey...you guys are really good at that anyway. Now you butt
    >out - this is not your issue.

For a transient visitor to both the Arctic and to Inuit culture, you are being
exceedingly pretentious. Why don't you just stay where you are, and let the young
lady find her own place in the world. Those of use who live here permanently will
decide who and what is acceptable and what is not.

She may end up being nothing more than the same kind of carpetbagger that you are,
but that is none of your business.

--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.ptialas-
ka.net/~floyd>
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) [email protected]