British Expats

British Expats (
-   USA (
-   -   Working as a counselling psychologist in NY (

newc28 Jun 12th 2010 3:05 pm

Working as a counselling psychologist in NY

I wondered if anyone can help. I am thinking about returning to england to complete a doctorate in counselling psychology as its cheaper in uk then usa. My plan would be to then return to New York once I had completed the 3 yr course and practice as a psychological counsellor. I wonder if anyone knows if this is possible- in terms of getting a NY license to practice? Has anyone done this? I would be making a big sacrifice to do this as I would be taking our daughter with me and would mean my husband would not see her much for three years... so really trying to research if this idea is actually possible. I have looked into doing it in NY but very expensive.... plus dont have any child care here whereas in england have family.

Any advice appreciated.


md95065 Jun 12th 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Working as a counselling psychologist in NY
Well, presumably at some stage you are going to have to find out what the New York state licensing requirements are regardless of whether you do your studies in the US or the UK and, if that is your career goal, now would seem to be a good idea to do that research.

this link might help ...

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.