Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

working advice........

working advice........

Old Jan 15th 2002, 9:43 pm
cjb
Forum Regular

cjb is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, if you have read my other posts you will know that i am pretty clueless about all this.......
anyway, my fiance and i will be filing for a fiance visa pretty soon, to all intents and purposes, we know what we need to do so although it will take a while, we are confident of me getting into the country......

anyway, once i arrive, what do i need to do to be able to work? i know it is possible to get permission for me to work before the wedding, but how do i do that? i need to get a work permit and a SSN there and then?

and after the wedding when i get round to changing my status(something else im not sure about), what do i do about work permits then?

i have checked out a few sites, but it is all wooshing over my simple scottish head........any hep would be great!
Old Jan 15th 2002, 11:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Read the URLs after my signature from start to finish. In particular the FAQ and go to DocSteen's site for a comprehensive analysis of the K-1 and the subsequent filing of the adjustment of status after your marriage. Both will outline when you will eligible for employment, when to get a social security card, and when to relax and enjoy your marriage.