Work Visa

Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

chefcooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Work Visa

G'day from an expat,lived in Australia since 1970,now married a Beaut Baltimore lady,and living here.I am a professional Chef,worked in China,Spain,Portugal,The UK,Australia and now here in Baltimore.I have terminal cancer,which I'm determined to beat! Where I need help,is I arrived on a 90 day visa ,we all know the INS is a slow process(quote min 90 days),and I need to travel to Italy in November for a Trade show representing Australia,and then return,On november the 15th,I have a position teaching at The Culinary Institute of Baltimore,but can't start until my work visa is complete,so anybody who has advice please ring me or email,I'll reward you with a sumptious meal! phone is 410 744 5896,[email protected] Thankyou Brian
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:42 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Visa

Originally Posted by chefcooper
G'day from an expat,lived in Australia since 1970,now married a Beaut Baltimore lady,and living here.I am a professional Chef,worked in China,Spain,Portugal,The UK,Australia and now here in Baltimore.I have terminal cancer,which I'm determined to beat! Where I need help,is I arrived on a 90 day visa ,we all know the INS is a slow process(quote min 90 days),and I need to travel to Italy in November for a Trade show representing Australia,and then return,On november the 15th,I have a position teaching at The Culinary Institute of Baltimore,but can't start until my work visa is complete,so anybody who has advice please ring me or email,I'll reward you with a sumptious meal! phone is 410 744 5896,[email protected] Thankyou Brian
Brian mate, sorry about the cancer.
Have you applied for AOS yet? (I=485 et al?)
If so then, has it been 90 days since you filed?
then you are at least eligible for a temp EAD at least to start work
You'll also need to apply for Advance Parole I-131 which could be a lengthy process in order to leave and re-enter the country

bear in mind I am far from au fait with US immigration, but this is what I am led to believe
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:44 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Can you clarify about your status. Which visa did you enter the US on? Or, did you enter on a Visa Waiver then get married?

I would also recommend looking at the USCIS website to see what can be done to get you the appropriate documentation so that you can return to the US legally.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:21 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

G'day from an expat,lived in Australia since 1970,now married a Beaut Baltimore lady,and living here.I am a professional Chef,worked in China,Spain,Portugal,The UK,Australia and now here in Baltimore.I have terminal cancer,which I'm determined to beat! Where I need help,is I arrived on a 90 day visa ,we all know the INS is a slow process(quote min 90 days),and I need to travel to Italy in November for a Trade show representing Australia,and then return,On november the 15th,I have a position teaching at The Culinary Institute of Baltimore,but can't start until my work visa is complete,so anybody who has advice please ring me or email,I'll reward you with a sumptious meal! Thankyou Brian
Brian, firstly I'm so sorry to hear about your condition but you seem to have a wonderful attitude, and that is known to have a very positive effect in cases like yours. All the best to you in that regard.

I'm also confused about what your current status is here. Did you enter on the VWP? Or on a K1 fiance visa? Either one has the 90-day window attached to it, but it's unclear which one applies to you.

When did you enter the States? Are you still within the 90-day window?

In any case, have you applied for AOS already? If so, when? Did you also apply for Advanced Parole so you could leave the country?

Lastly, I would STRONGLY suggest that you not post your personal information (ie, full name, phone number) on this site, unless you select the "Do not send to Usenet" option underneath your post. Otherwise, your information is put out onto Usenet, and there is no way to delete it. You can delete it in British Expats, but not in Usenet. Just a suggestion...

~ Jenney