British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   A word about Ultra-Sound (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/word-about-ultra-sound-196632/)

BrigieDarling Dec 13th 2003 5:20 pm

A word about Ultra-Sound

There seem to be a lot of expected babies among the threads today, so I want to just give a word of advice....

Don't paint the room pink!

I was told my youngest son Tyler was 100% deffinately going to be a girl.

He wasn't petito so unless you've got an amnio result, don't crochet 10 pink blankets like I did. (was ordered to bed rest).

I had to have my friend Tracey run out and buy a boy outfit because I had packed all the baby girl stuff I already had from my daughter.

The baby clothes from my first son were in bin bags in the basement.

Just keep it in mind. I had 3 scans and all said it was easy to see the baby was a girl. One even spotted ovaries on the screen. Those testicles will throw you off!

OK.... just had to say that, now my conscience is clear!

;) Concentrating on breaking the rail off the bed also works well to take your mind off the discomfort (didn't wanna say pain)

Walking to and from the nursery is fun too! Just avoid looking at the REALLY big babies!

dgsyd1 Dec 13th 2003 7:17 pm

We've been told that it's 100% that our baby is a boy, but we've got some female clothes, and a name for a girl on standby just in case. Don't know how my mum would react, she's been sending over parcels full of boys clothes for the last few months.

DaveC Dec 13th 2003 8:11 pm

There's no doubt we're having a girl. The nursery is yellow with pink trim and I have to put shades on before opening the wardrobe, there are so many pink outfits in there. We've had several ultrasounds including 3D ones and every time she's had her legs open showing her girl parts. I'll have to have a word with her about that behaviour when she's born! She keeps her arms in front of her face so we've never had a clear view of her face.

Ash UK/US Dec 14th 2003 4:32 pm

I said as soon as we found out I was preggers I didn't want to know what I was having (although I have a feeling it is a boy). So far I have had 5 ultrasounds 4 at the doctors office and one at the hospital. At the 3rd one at the doctors office just over 2 weeks ago they estimated the babies weight to be 5- 5.5 pounds 4th ultrasound last week they estimated 7.5 to 8 pounds... this baby had better come soon. ;)

We have our nursery decorated white with a winnie the pooh theme... it does look lovely even if I so say so myself.

Ash :)

DaveC Dec 14th 2003 5:09 pm

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
I said as soon as we found out I was preggers I didn't want to know what I was having (although I have a feeling it is a boy). So far I have had 5 ultrasounds 4 at the doctors office and one at the hospital. At the 3rd one at the doctors office just over 2 weeks ago they estimated the babies weight to be 5- 5.5 pounds 4th ultrasound last week they estimated 7.5 to 8 pounds... this baby had better come soon. ;)

We have our nursery decorated white with a winnie the pooh theme... it does look lovely even if I so say so myself.

At one of our docs appointments they had a temp nurse in who, when looking through my wife's details, blurted out that we were having a girl....before asking if we wanted to know or not. Luckily we already knew, otherwise we might've sued her ass!

We've got a Pooh thing going in our nursery too. I just hope baby takes after her mum and likes WtP. It would be a disaster if she was traumatised by the pictures, or any of the 400 stuffed Poohs of assorted sizes.

Ash UK/US Dec 14th 2003 5:17 pm

Originally posted by DaveC
At one of our docs appointments they had a temp nurse in who, when looking through my wife's details, blurted out that we were having a girl....before asking if we wanted to know or not. Luckily we already knew, otherwise we might've sued her ass!

We've got a Pooh thing going in our nursery too. I just hope baby takes after her mum and likes WtP. It would be a disaster if she was traumatised by the pictures, or any of the 400 stuffed Poohs of assorted sizes.
ROTFL

Just curious but what names do my fellow parents to be have chosen?

We have Emily Elizabeth for a girl and Matthew Thomas for a boy.

(Emily was my grandma's name and Thomas is my dads name).

dgsyd1 Dec 14th 2003 5:56 pm

We've been told we're having a boy. SO we've decided on Liam Matthew. But just in case the baby turns out to be a girl we've also got Evelyn Jessica.

DaveC Dec 14th 2003 6:05 pm

Nice names, I like Emily and Matthew was one of our favourites for a boy. Our daughter will be called Lauren Ainsley.

city girl Dec 14th 2003 9:04 pm

My first gradnchild was born this week (another 10 years notice would have been cool) and she was called

Tabitha Louise.

Hope to see her in a few weeks, can't wait.

BrigieDarling Dec 15th 2003 12:52 pm

Originally posted by city girl
My first gradnchild was born this week (another 10 years notice would have been cool) and she was called

Tabitha Louise.

Hope to see her in a few weeks, can't wait.
My sister's married name is Plant.... So she's had to toss out any ideas of using the names Rose or Summer.... to mention a few!
:D

Yorkieabroad Dec 16th 2003 4:47 am

What is it with Matthew?? At our playgroups, when someone shouts "Matthew - stop that!" half the kids in the room look round guiltily!! (and the other half are girls!). Does anyone know why it's so popular at the moment? Our eldest is Matthew (we just liked the name) so maybe I'm just "over aware" - like when you buy a new car, all of a sudden you see them everywhere....

ladyofthelake Dec 16th 2003 12:15 pm

Originally posted by Yorkieabroad
What is it with Matthew?? At our playgroups, when someone shouts "Matthew - stop that!" half the kids in the room look round guiltily!! (and the other half are girls!). Does anyone know why it's so popular at the moment? Our eldest is Matthew (we just liked the name) so maybe I'm just "over aware" - like when you buy a new car, all of a sudden you see them everywhere....
You're right there. My daughter is called Jessica, and when we decided on that name we thought it was fairly uncommon as we hadn't heard it being used much. How wrong could I be? There is at least one Jessica in every class at school in England, though thankfully, here in Florida, she seems to be the only one. Just as well really, she's a bit larger than life and the whole neighbourhood knows her, they couldn't deal with 2 Jessicas!! My friend keeps jokingly telling everyone "just don't feed her, or you'll never get rid of her!"