Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Woohoo-Our Shipped stuff has arrived !

Woohoo-Our Shipped stuff has arrived !

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

SunnyDave is on a distinguished road
Default Woohoo-Our Shipped stuff has arrived !

Well, all those dreams about the ship sinking and us loosing all our possessions didn't come true.

All the stuff that we sent across by ship (certain furniture, bed, futon, lots of boxes etc - 28 packages in total) have finally arrived, cleared customs and been delivered to the storage place until we buy a house. I've checked over everything and there is NO damage to anything, no ripped boxes, water damage or empty boxes !!

I just want to share the company we used with those that are considering shipping stuff. I actually chose them through a recommendation on this forum about 6m ago. The company was Personal Shipping Services (PSS), www.pss.uk.com, phone 020 8686 7733.

All contact with the company was first class, very polite & helpful. They provided a complete 'Door to door' service, two guys came and packed & wrapped all our stuff, took it away, they shipped it, cleared customs and brought it 300 miles to where we are, put it in storage & all for 1200 quid, a bargain compared to other quotes.

I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone considering shipping their personal possessions when they move.

David
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 3:04 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Glad they did a good job for you. We used them too, and I've been giving them a plug whenever I can. They were very good indeed for us, our shipment even arrived earlier than expected.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 3:32 pm
Essex Girl

helenw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Woohoo-Our Shipped stuff has arrived !

Originally posted by SunnyDave
Well, all those dreams about the ship sinking and us loosing all our possessions didn't come true.

All the stuff that we sent across by ship (certain furniture, bed, futon, lots of boxes etc - 28 packages in total) have finally arrived, cleared customs and been delivered to the storage place until we buy a house. I've checked over everything and there is NO damage to anything, no ripped boxes, water damage or empty boxes !!

I just want to share the company we used with those that are considering shipping stuff. I actually chose them through a recommendation on this forum about 6m ago. The company was Personal Shipping Services (PSS), www.pss.uk.com, phone 020 8686 7733.

All contact with the company was first class, very polite & helpful. They provided a complete 'Door to door' service, two guys came and packed & wrapped all our stuff, took it away, they shipped it, cleared customs and brought it 300 miles to where we are, put it in storage & all for 1200 quid, a bargain compared to other quotes.

I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone considering shipping their personal possessions when they move.

David
Sounds like a good company, I have been looking round for one myself. What sort of price did you pay for that if you don't mind me asking?
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:02 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by helenw
Sounds like a good company, I have been looking round for one myself. What sort of price did you pay for that if you don't mind me asking?

Ha ha, if you re-read his posting it actually says he paid 1200 pounds for everything!

No wonder you're living up to the stereotype of an Essex Girl!

Where are you from? We still have our house in a village near Epping.

A couple of Essex expats I know who live in our town in NJ are returning back to the UK for good next week and going home to the Southend area (I think it's called Hockley).
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:07 pm
Essex Girl

HelenWebber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Englishmum
Ha ha, if you re-read his posting it actually says he paid 1200 pounds for everything!

No wonder you're living up to the stereotype of an Essex Girl!

Where are you from? We still have our house in a village near Epping.

A couple of Essex expats I know who live in our town in NJ are returning back to the UK for good next week and going home to the Southend area (I think it's called Hockley).

d'oh! Silly me.

I am in Colchester. I know Hockley, my niece used to live there before moving to Florida.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:09 pm
Essex Girl

Originally posted by HelenWebber
d'oh! Silly me.

I am in Colchester. I know Hockley, my niece used to live there before moving to Florida.
Ok so I have 2 profiles, one on my laptop and one on my main one. This is because when I went to the US over Christmas, I could not remember my user name to signed up again! So that was me.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely nothing to add to this post, excpect that I'm originally from Great Bardfield, Essex
Old Jan 24th 2004, 4:03 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Where's Great Bardfield?
Old Jan 24th 2004, 8:33 am
Essex Girl

Originally posted by Englishmum
Where's Great Bardfield?
I have an ex-mother-in-law who lives there. Sort of out Braintree way...
Old Jan 24th 2004, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

jimcheal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Getting back to the subject. The courier company you used, do the cover the whole of the Uk. We are moving to Florida this year and live in Newark notts?
Old Jan 24th 2004, 2:44 pm

Aha! I thought it might have been out that way.

My mother in law lives in Great Dunmow and her daughter (my s-i-law) lives in a hamlet called Bacon End, just off the A120; she's a Senior Immigration Officer and was based at Stansted Airport but currently at an asylum 'reception centre' in Cambridgeshire..
Old Jan 24th 2004, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

good_idea_marge is an unknown quantity at this point

From their website:

"PSS operates throughout the UK, we have Estimators and mobile packing units covering the whole of the British Isles and can offer a more professional and more cost effective service from anywhere in the UK to anywhere overseas."
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Heather142 will become famous soon enoughHeather142 will become famous soon enough

May I ask how long they took to deliver??

Originally posted by SunnyDave

David
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:51 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear that your stuff arrived safe and well. None of the shipping companies out here are any good at all.

I'm using GB Liners who originally moved me from London to Spain. They provided an excellent service then so I hope they do the same with my move to the US.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

SunnyDave is on a distinguished road

They collected our stuff on November 1st, it arrived in the US on Jan 9th, took a while to clear customs & was then transported to us on Jan 23rd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.