Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Woohoo....I'm back....

Woohoo....I'm back....

Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:06 am
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woohoo....I'm back....

Originally Posted by Eskimo
hey D glad it all worked out mate - hows the better half ?
I'm almost insane, but some that know me would say I've always been that way.........
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wonderful news. There is no looking back now.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:25 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
The people I work with are fantasic and I feel like part of the family already.....and it's only Wednesday

Well casual Friday to look forward to and I also donated to a charity which means I get to wear casual on Thursday too for this month.

Sweeeeeeeet
What is the dress code like normally? Computer types round here wear .... anything.

It's so nice to have an office "life" again, ain't it? What makes me happy is having a real work phone number to fill in on forms (registered my youngest for school today -- six bleedin' numbers between her dad and me).

I am SO HAPPY for you and S!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Finally, all settled in.

Getting online proved to be the biggest issue. Bell South kept screwing us around but I managed to hook up a connection using my own DSL modem (yeah, after I realised I had to change the settings to 'obtain an IP address automatically)

Move went well although I suffered the Uhaul curse. Ordered a 24' but got a 26' for the same price. Not a bad deal. But......the A/C went out that morning so I had to drive in 100+ weather in a truck with a steering wheel way to big for arms

Still, we're in now and the job is fantastic. It's nice to have a cubicle again.

Catch up when I get a chance to be on here, still weeding through 200+ e-mails in my inbox
Congratulations to you and S - so happy to hear that everything seems to be working out well - you both deserve some happiness in your lives!

Karma sent!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:29 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
What is the dress code like normally? Computer types round here wear .... anything.

It's so nice to have an office "life" again, ain't it? What makes me happy is having a real work phone number to fill in on forms (registered my youngest for school today -- six bleedin' numbers between her dad and me).

I am SO HAPPY for you and S!
Dress code is smart/casual which means anything except jeans.

No one wears a tie in here, not even the CEO
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:49 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Woohoo....I'm back....

Just getting around to sending you my congratulations on the job. Very happy for you! Sorry I missed you when you were in Charleston, but a few things came up and I never got around to getting back with you.

I think you'll like it there. I have a good friend who lives just across the river in North Augusta and she and her husband love Augusta, especially "First Friday" .

And by all means, when you get a chance, hop on I-20W one week-end and head for The Blue Willow Inn http://www.bluewillowinn.com/ It's the coolest place to eat with some great Southern home cooking and a lovely gift shop, as well.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 5:46 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Dress code is smart/casual which means anything except jeans.

No one wears a tie in here, not even the CEO
Whew.... I was picturing engineers in lawyer suits, shod in shiny wingtips.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:47 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Whew.... I was picturing engineers in lawyer suits, shod in shiny wingtips.
That was me on my first day. Tom let me borrow his suit for the day
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:49 pm
Lapine Member

That was me on my first day. Tom let me borrow his suit for the day
I am sure you were stylin' then.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:53 pm
You Are All Diseased

I am sure you were stylin' then.
I got a heads up during the interview so I knew what I could wear. Was nice to wear casual today though and again tomorrow.

This office is so cool. Every one is so friendly and I keep getting people coming up to me and asking me to say somthing coz' of the accent.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:55 pm
Lapine Member

This office is so cool. Every one is so friendly and I keep getting people coming up to me and asking me to say somthing coz' of the accent.
ROTFL......

I'm so lucky to have friends in the UK. If I need a fix of the accent I can just ring them. lol

Do they realise they can listen to all sorts of BBC stuff online?
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:44 am
You Are All Diseased

Cool. Green Card arrived in the mail today so the agent changed our address okay up there.

Only took 9 days to come through. Must have been the quickest experience with USCIS yet
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:49 am
I still love a brit :0)

KarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond reputeKarnalEcho has a reputation beyond repute

Cool. Green Card arrived in the mail today so the agent changed our address okay up there.

Only took 9 days to come through. Must have been the quickest experience with USCIS yet
I'd say that's a pretty good record, considering
Old Aug 5th 2005, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I got a heads up during the interview so I knew what I could wear. Was nice to wear casual today though and again tomorrow.

I can well beleave you must be the coolest bugger in your office, and with the coolest car Bless you both with your new beginnings.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

nice one....git...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.