Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Woohoo....I'm back....

Woohoo....I'm back....

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:04 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Woohoo....I'm back....

Finally, all settled in.

Getting online proved to be the biggest issue. Bell South kept screwing us around but I managed to hook up a connection using my own DSL modem (yeah, after I realised I had to change the settings to 'obtain an IP address automatically)

Move went well although I suffered the Uhaul curse. Ordered a 24' but got a 26' for the same price. Not a bad deal. But......the A/C went out that morning so I had to drive in 100+ weather in a truck with a steering wheel way to big for arms

Still, we're in now and the job is fantastic. It's nice to have a cubicle again.

Catch up when I get a chance to be on here, still weeding through 200+ e-mails in my inbox
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:11 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Woohoo....I'm back....

Originally Posted by rincewind
Finally, all settled in.

Getting online proved to be the biggest issue. Bell South kept screwing us around but I managed to hook up a connection using my own DSL modem (yeah, after I realised I had to change the settings to 'obtain an IP address automatically)

Move went well although I suffered the Uhaul curse. Ordered a 24' but got a 26' for the same price. Not a bad deal. But......the A/C went out that morning so I had to drive in 100+ weather in a truck with a steering wheel way to big for arms

Still, we're in now and the job is fantastic. It's nice to have a cubicle again.

Catch up when I get a chance to be on here, still weeding through 200+ e-mails in my inbox
hey D glad it all worked out mate - hows the better half ?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:17 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
hey D glad it all worked out mate - hows the better half ?
Recovering from the stress of the move. It went well but was just bloody hard work. In the end, it was just me and ILuvAbrit doing the move. We had a friend help out but he didn't have the British stamina. I got a nice tan from being outside, lol.

It took all day to load the truck and I finally arrived at the house at about 6:00pm. I was beat but we managed to unload half of it that night and the rest in the morning.

Thanks to mvjenno for helping out with getting the Uhaul truck back. I'm getting used to the roads now and have found about three ways of getting to it and I'm sure there's more. It only takes 10 minutes to get into the office so I can swing back home for lunch.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:19 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Recovering from the stress of the move. It went well but was just bloody hard work. In the end, it was just me and ILuvAbrit doing the move. We had a friend help out but he didn't have the British stamina. I got a nice tan from being outside, lol.

It took all day to load the truck and I finally arrived at the house at about 6:00pm. I was beat but we managed to unload half of it that night and the rest in the morning.

Thanks to mvjenno for helping out with getting the Uhaul truck back. I'm getting used to the roads now and have found about three ways of getting to it and I'm sure there's more. It only takes 10 minutes to get into the office so I can swing back home for lunch.
Congratulations Rincewind!

Don't worry, the cubicle euphoria should wear off in the end
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 1:21 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

It only takes 10 minutes to get into the office so I can swing back home for lunch.

lunch ?? hmmm........... so thats what you call it now
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 2:43 am
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future

Is that 10 minutes via I-20/520?? Hopefully that map has been put to good use!!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 2:51 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by mvjenno
Is that 10 minutes via I-20/520?? Hopefully that map has been put to good use!!
I-20!!! Nah, wouldn't go that way

Used the map you gave me and got there in just over 10 minutes. Found another route on my lunch break that cut it down to exactly 10 mins

Got some more good news today too. A new Mini dealer opened up in Augusta on Washington so I don't have to drive to Atlanta for a service. Cool.

Now all I need is a table which we could use next time you come to visit. Sometimes I feel like such a red-neck
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:50 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you're getting settled there Rince...and definitely glad to hear that you're enjoying the new position.

Wishing you all the best.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 3:57 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

This is so exciting!!!

I couldn't be happier for the two of you.

Awaiting stories of you acclimation.

Leslie
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:09 am
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by syllk
Great to hear you're getting settled there Rince...and definitely glad to hear that you're enjoying the new position.

Wishing you all the best.
Yeah, it's nice to be up this way. Statesboro was a quiet place compared to this but there is more to do up this way. It's easy once you get to know the roads.

It was so nice to be able to tick "Legal Permanent Resident" on my HR forms at work
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:22 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's nice to be up this way. Statesboro was a quiet place compared to this but there is more to do up this way. It's easy once you get to know the roads.

It was so nice to be able to tick "Legal Permanent Resident" on my HR forms at work
I know that feeling of ticking off the LPR box only too well...it gives a real positive glow inside, doesn't it?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome mate, glad you got settled in alright

And somin' might be coming my way so we'll see
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:59 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by syllk
I know that feeling of ticking off the LPR box only too well...it gives a real positive glow inside, doesn't it?
A feeling of relief as well

Working in a US office isn't as scary as I first thought it would be. The people I work with are fantasic and I feel like part of the family already.....and it's only Wednesday

Well casual Friday to look forward to and I also donated to a charity which means I get to wear casual on Thursday too for this month.

Sweeeeeeeet
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:02 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Working in a US office isn't as scary as I first thought it would be. The people I work with are fantasic and I feel like part of the family already.....and it's only Wednesday

Well casual Friday to look forward to and I also donated to a charity which means I get to wear casual on Thursday too for this month.

Sweeeeeeeet
Congrats on the new job and successful move, Rincewind.

I hope everything goes really well for you. Glad to see you in such a great mood these days. Hopefully the family thing won't seem so bad now too
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:46 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sweeeeeeeet
That's cool, nice one mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.