Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

woodland hills

woodland hills

Old Jan 4th 2004, 9:05 pm
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default woodland hills, CA

...is where we will be living! Anyone near or got any information about the area? Thankee!
Old Jan 4th 2004, 9:44 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Not familiar with there, I'm up in San Francisco....neighbors
Old Jan 4th 2004, 9:48 pm
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JulianB
Not familiar with there, I'm up in San Francisco....neighbors
Cool, I'll holler over to you when I get there!

Last edited by crazi_daizi; Jan 4th 2004 at 9:54 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

englishinusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: woodland hills, CA

Originally posted by crazi_daizi
...is where we will be living! Anyone near or got any information about the area? Thankee!
Haven't lived there, but I often stay in the Woodland Hills Hilton when I'm in LA on business.

It's a VERY expensive area, as www.realtor.com will tell you. I understand that most of the people in our offices in the area live sixty to eighty miles north of there and endure two to three hour commutes each way.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Default Re: woodland hills, CA

still cheaper than most of the rest of la. and jobs are better than la county.

Only problem is -- you're FAR away from a lot of cool stuff, thus why i turned down a lot of job offers there.

-= nav =-
Old Jan 8th 2004, 1:53 am
Just Joined

batchfarm is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

I live in Chatsworth, which is about a 10 minute drive from Woodland Hills. I've lived in LA and Orange County and personally (against my previous conceptions) I actually enjoy living here in the valley the most. Woodland Hills is expensive, but then again so is pretty much anywhere around here. The weather is much hotter than LA (it was in the 100's for a fair bit of the summer). Its not that difficult to get over the hill into LA itself when you want to, although commuting into LA if you use the freeways can be an experience. The valley has its own "scene", and if you like hiking and the outdoors then the Santa Susana mountains are in your back yard.

If you want any specific info then let me know, I'd be happy to oblige if I can.