Woo hoo!

Old Jun 7th 2004, 12:37 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Woo hoo!

I just got my motorcycle license! I got a perfect 100% score in the practical and 98% for the written. I must be nuts...we did a 3 day course, two days of which were spent outside doing the practical...in 110 degree heat! I was wearing boots, jeans, long sleeves, gloves and a helmet and I swear I had heat stroke on Saturday. Absolutely nuts! But now I'll be able to buy one of these...

Old Jun 7th 2004, 1:00 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Congratulations
Old Jun 7th 2004, 1:13 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Woo hoo!

Have fun
Old Jun 7th 2004, 9:29 am
Can't Wait To Get There

pedro66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done, have fun be safe.

Do you mind sharing the process of getting the M/C endorsement in AZ, did you ride bikes in the UK before.

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2004, 12:56 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant - Well Done!
Old Jun 7th 2004, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

Originally posted by Rockgurl
I just got my motorcycle license! I got a perfect 100% score in the practical and 98% for the written. I must be nuts...we did a 3 day course, two days of which were spent outside doing the practical...in 110 degree heat! I was wearing boots, jeans, long sleeves, gloves and a helmet and I swear I had heat stroke on Saturday. Absolutely nuts! But now I'll be able to buy one of these...

Congratulations!

I have to arrange my driving test here yet.... seeing this has given me a prod!
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:14 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rockgurl! I envy you, perhaps I'm going through a midlife crisis, but I used to ride motorbikes 20+ years ago in the UK, and just getting a hankering for a Harley here myself. My daughter would kill me for the embarrassment it would cause her!

Debbie
Old Jun 8th 2004, 6:22 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. I'm so excited about getting it. i think I'm going to rent a Harley for a day over here in Arizona before I head back East.

Pedro, I did use to ride bikes back in England (I was a motorcycle courier years ago) but that doesn't mean anything over here, apart from the fact I had experience. I could have just taken my motorcycle test over here in Arizona and had done with it, but I chose to do the course because it was a fun way to spend a weekend, and also, being a graduate of the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) you get cheaper bike insurance. If you look on the DMV website under the motorcycle section it gives you a choice of places that do the course. You call them up and book the course which cost $200. When you pass they give you a voucher that entitles you go into the DMV and get your license endorsed with an "M". I used Ridesmart Motorcycle Training on Indian School Rd in Phoenix, and they were a brilliant bunch of guys, and I highly recommend them. I definitely feel like a better rider now.

dbark...lol about embarrassing your daughter. You wouldn't though...you'd just look ultra cool dripping in leather and she'd think you were all groovy and show you off to her mates.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 2:29 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE
dbark...lol about embarrassing your daughter. You wouldn't though...you'd just look ultra cool dripping in leather and she'd think you were all groovy and show you off to her mates. [/QUOTE]

LOL
Attached Thumbnails Woo hoo!-doll.jpg