Woman Attempts to Smuggle Lover in Suitcase

Old Jul 13th 2002, 11:39 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Woman Attempts to Smuggle Lover in Suitcase

Just thought I would post this here...

ROME (Reuters) - A Belgian woman packed her Kurdish lover into her suitcase in an attempt to smuggle him into Italy, police said on Saturday.
Customs officials at the southern port of Brindisi stopped 23-year old Cindy Q. on Friday after seeing her struggling with her suitcase as she disembarked from a ferry from Greece.

When they opened the bag, they were amazed to see 26-year old Ismail Kilic stuffed inside.

"There is almost certainly a love story going on between the two," said the deputy chief of the Brindisi customs office, Alberto D'Alessandro.

Kilic was deported from Italy and put on the next ferry back to Greece. The Belgian woman was arrested and faces charges of organizing illegal immigration.

Thousands of illegal immigrants pour into Italy every year in search of a better life in the West.

In a bid to stem the flow, Italian lawmakers passed tough new restrictions this week, including measures to fingerprint new arrivals and boost patrols to keep undesirables away from Italy's shores.
Old Jul 14th 2002, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Woman Attempts to Smuggle Lover in Suitcase

This seems to be a general trend in Europe at the moment, with many countries tightening up on illegal immigrant and population
"explosion"
In Denmark recently they passed a law that noone under the age of 24 is allowed to marry a foreigner.
Old Jul 14th 2002, 10:29 am
Petey's Playmate

Wow that is strict. I wonder if the US immigration will get more strict in time.

I was just in awe when I read this cause I dont know how a person could get into a suitcase. LOL That just seems impossible but I guess it can be done. LOL
Old Jul 14th 2002, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

he was either quite small or the suitcase was large !
Either way, just in case you are considering it, I'd advise
against it )
Old Jul 14th 2002, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

swoosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Reminds me a lot of the stuff that was going on between East and West Berlin when the city and country was still divided. I guess as frustrating as this whole visa process and dealing with INS can get, at least there are possiblities for us. Some people who are in love don't really have a chance to be together, ever and that's kind of sad. I would get pretty desperate too I think. Although, the suitcase method seems to require a Schwarzenegger type fiance to not raise suspicions =).

Jeannine
Old Jul 14th 2002, 4:41 pm
Petey's Playmate

Nope I would never try this.
Old Jul 14th 2002, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

swoosh is an unknown quantity at this point

You might get very desperate, especially if Nebraska is not picking up speed soon =).

Jeannine
Old Jul 14th 2002, 8:20 pm
Mrs_blackross

you sure?

"PEACHSTER" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Nope I would never try this.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 14th 2002, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just in case you change your mind, go to

www.extremelyverylargeandeversobigsuitcases.com

:O)
Old Jul 14th 2002, 9:56 pm
Petey's Playmate

LMAO you guys are funny.
Old Jul 15th 2002, 5:20 am
Toby Everett

PEACHSTER <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just thought I would post this here...
    >
    > Woman Attempts to Smuggle Lover in Suitcase
    >
    > ROME (Reuters) - A Belgian woman packed her Kurdish lover into her suitcase in an
    > attempt to smuggle him into Italy, police said on Saturday. Customs officials at
    > the southern port of Brindisi stopped 23-year old Cindy Q. on Friday after seeing
    > her struggling with her suitcase as she disembarked from a ferry from Greece.
    >
    > When they opened the bag, they were amazed to see 26-year old Ismail Kilic
    > stuffed inside.
I've seen people being carried in suitcases before. There's a performance art/modern
dance troupe named Diavolo that does some absolutely amazing stuff. In the piece
"Tete en l'Air", at one point two of the dancers are carried onto the stage in
suitcases and laid down. Then the dancers in the suitcases unzip them from the inside
and emerge from them much like a butterfly from a chrysalis. In another part, they
worm their way down a huge staircase while inside large duffle bags, looking very
much like larvae, before unzipping and emerging. These two parts comprise maybe 1
minute of a half-hour piece - Diavolo is absolutely unbelievably amazing, both in
their athleticism and their artistic expression. If you ever get a chance to see
them, do so.

See http://www.diavolo.org/ for more information if you're curious. I've seen them
twice (back to back nights - I had to see them again!) and also had the opportunity
to work with three of the dancers from the group at a week long modern dance workshop
up here in Anchorage - I was sore for two weeks afterwards.

--Toby Everett

Old Jul 15th 2002, 6:14 am
Petey's Playmate

Someone put me in a suitcase I be sore. Very sore. LOL I dont think I could walk for awhile. heh