Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wish you a merry christmas and a hppy new year!

Wikiposts

Wish you a merry christmas and a hppy new year!

Old Dec 25th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wish you a merry christmas and a hppy new year!

Best wishes for the season to all on BE.
We have had breakfast and opened presents and skyped the UK (Luckily it worked smoothly this time)
Mom is stuffing the turkey ready for the oven so will continue to digest breaky until that's ready.

All the best!
Old Dec 25th 2007, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Jackal5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wish you a merry christmas and a hppy new year!

Merry Christmas to you too.

All the best for 2008!
Old Dec 25th 2007, 8:05 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
Best wishes for the season to all on BE.
We have had breakfast and opened presents and skyped the UK (Luckily it worked smoothly this time)
Mom is stuffing the turkey ready for the oven so will continue to digest breaky until that's ready.

All the best!
We're saving the prezzies till late afternoon/early evening.

Busy trying to find more creative ways with liquidised soup as, 5 days post-op, poor son is getting a bit sick of the watery food. Just 9 more days to go.

Me, I am also sticking to a mainly liquid diet...

Merry Christmas everyone
Old Dec 25th 2007, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
We're saving the prezzies till late afternoon/early evening.

Busy trying to find more creative ways with liquidised soup as, 5 days post-op, poor son is getting a bit sick of the watery food. Just 9 more days to go.

Me, I am also sticking to a mainly liquid diet...

Merry Christmas everyone
Merry Christmas!

Eggnog has lots of nice calories.... and booze as well, if he's old enough and no meds that clash
Old Dec 25th 2007, 8:11 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Merry Christmas!

Eggnog has lots of nice calories.... and booze as well, if he's old enough and no meds that clash
He is not allowed to drink alcohol - doesn't like the stuff anyway...... hates eggnog...

Ah well.......... Cheers!!
Old Dec 25th 2007, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

He is not allowed to drink alcohol - doesn't like the stuff anyway...... hates eggnog...

Ah well.......... Cheers!!
Well it was a try... more for you then?

Oh wait, Elvira Nightengale must stay functional...

I truly do sympathise with the poor guy - perhaps you should have the real (turkey) Christmas dinner to celebrate in 9 days.

Cheers yourself
Old Dec 25th 2007, 8:25 am
Homebody

Well it was a try... more for you then?

Oh wait, Elvira Nightengale must stay functional...

I truly do sympathise with the poor guy - perhaps you should have the real (turkey) Christmas dinner to celebrate in 9 days.

Cheers yourself
Oh, absolutely - we'll have a grand dinner once he'll be able to eat more or less properly again, though not sure when that will be. Wires come out on the 2nd, but I guess it'll take a while to get function back.

But thinking Chinese rather than turkey.

Hungry now. We all feel guilty about eating, so tend to avoid it...

Anyway, how is your Christmas going - you must be a bit lonely with Keith being so far away!

Old Dec 25th 2007, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh, absolutely - we'll have a grand dinner once he'll be able to eat more or less properly again, though not sure when that will be. Wires come out on the 2nd, but I guess it'll take a while to get function back.

But thinking Chinese rather than turkey.

Hungry now. We all feel guilty about eating, so tend to avoid it...

Anyway, how is your Christmas going - you must be a bit lonely with Keith being so far away!

Oh I understand, it would be so hard to eat in front of him. I'd be sneaking food out in the garage or something...

Yeah, it's pretty quiet here, bit lonely. Keith's whole family got together which they haven't for a while, so that's a good thing.

I went and visited Mia's grave - her family is out of town, so I just left a few tokens there. She is buried next to a soldier who was killed in Iraq - his father was there - gave me a hug, what a nice man.

Hopefully next year will be a better one for many of us.

Thanks for asking
Old Dec 25th 2007, 8:49 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

... I went and visited Mia's grave - her family is out of town, so I just left a few tokens there. She is buried next to a soldier who was killed in Iraq - ....
Such a nice gesture, visiting the graveside of a talented young child on Christmas Day.

--- M
Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by britex01
Such a nice gesture, visiting the graveside of a talented young child on Christmas Day.

--- M
Thanks. Seems silly - but I didn't want her to be alone.

Hope you are having a good Christmas.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Seems silly - but I didn't want her to be alone.

Hope you are having a good Christmas.

You're a lovely woman, Tracy, with a big heart. I'll share with you something that occurred this Thanksgiving and I know that some will poke fun at me and think me delusional but their opinion doesn't matter.

This is the first holiday season without my father and he was the anchor of our family. Thanksgiving was not spent with the family this year as my sister could not bear to have a traditional holiday. So Jim and I and my daughter and her hubby shared a small dinner and they left for home early. Jim toddled off to bed at around 9 and I was alone. I'm not a television watcher and rarely pop channels. But that night I did.

My dad loved a certain movie and was watching it when he passed away and we buried him with the DVD. As fate would have it, I happened on that movie just as it was rolling the beginning credits. So I patted the sofa cushion next to me and said okay, pop, we will watch it together one more time. I could feel him with me and I was not sad or lonely or grieving but relaxed and peaceful knowing that his love was still with me. It was the movie "8 Below."

The next evening I found myself doing the very same thing, once again. Only this time it was another movie and it was the one that I shared a love of with the love of my life who died in my home in 1991 of a massive heart attack. So he and I watched that movie together that evening and my Bill was once again sitting along side of me and it felt so right and warm. It was the movie "Always" and my engagement ring from him was inscribed with the word "Always".

So I'm sure that your friend was with you in spirit today no matter where you spent the day.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rete
You're a lovely woman, Tracy, with a big heart. I'll share with you something that occurred this Thanksgiving and I know that some will poke fun at me and think me delusional but their opinion doesn't matter.

This is the first holiday season without my father and he was the anchor of our family. Thanksgiving was not spent with the family this year as my sister could not bear to have a traditional holiday. So Jim and I and my daughter and her hubby shared a small dinner and they left for home early. Jim toddled off to bed at around 9 and I was alone. I'm not a television watcher and rarely pop channels. But that night I did.

My dad loved a certain movie and was watching it when he passed away and we buried him with the DVD. As fate would have it, I happened on that movie just as it was rolling the beginning credits. So I patted the sofa cushion next to me and said okay, pop, we will watch it together one more time. I could feel him with me and I was not sad or lonely or grieving but relaxed and peaceful knowing that his love was still with me. It was the movie "8 Below."

The next evening I found myself doing the very same thing, once again. Only this time it was another movie and it was the one that I shared a love of with the love of my life who died in my home in 1991 of a massive heart attack. So he and I watched that movie together that evening and my Bill was once again sitting along side of me and it felt so right and warm. It was the movie "Always" and my engagement ring from him was inscribed with the word "Always".

So I'm sure that your friend was with you in spirit today no matter where you spent the day.
Those are lovely stories. Thank you for sharing them. The "firsts" are always hard... the first thanksgiving witout a loved one... the first Christmas... etc.

That's what I told Mia's mom - she lives on in your memories. And the rest of us who she touched.

Merry Christmas, and thank you.