Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wish Me Luck and...

Originally Posted by lionheart
There is an official thread for this now............... 'Mr Research'
Sorry I'm busy at work - tit
Old Nov 11th 2005, 7:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
HA! You don't know Boston,
that's true...there pretty dodgy down there as well *l*
Old Nov 11th 2005, 7:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Boy am I sorry I didn't just stick to taking the piss on this site. I should further point out that the e-mail sample I submitted is for a management level sales position where an aggressive attitude is appreciated(if not required.)
I agree that it probably would not work for other job categories however I still believe a thank you letter/e-mail/call is still a sound business idea to show interest and enthusiasm, in addition to courtesy and gratitude.
I would not recommend everyone simply cutting and pasting the sample I submitted .........
the cut and paste would be great, complete with *'s

And I knew your going for an aggressive sector, whist i'm going for a jeans and t-shirts and plenty of piss take of the suits sector position
But the principal still stands, courtesy can't hurt the cause because at the end of the day, they, still have to go through the interview process probably a few times and spend quite a lot of time and effort, so the least you can do is say thanks for the time I think...now all I need is for them to say yes and no one else bother turn up for interviews
Old Nov 11th 2005, 7:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Having interviewed a number of external candidates for some fairly senior positions at our place the biggest shock I had is the total lack of preparation. Google us and understand what we do and who our competitors are ! I have also seen some very long resumes with all sorts of weird fonts, styles and bloody life stories - stick to accomplishments..
i've got both a resume and CV depending on the job I was applying for, and even with the resume I'd let them know I have a more detailed CV on my site if they wanted to know a bit more about me and the like...it's pretty simple and clear...well I think so...and your right, a bit of research helps, if you can't be arsed to know what the place is about, why should they be arsed about you and all that...but my research didn't come up with much, as there a new company, few years old, only one title published, but with IP for a few other projects and that all the leads have come from pretty solid backgrounds...hmmm
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:01 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
t i'm going for a jeans and t-shirts and plenty of piss take of the suits sector position
So you're clearly made for the job...
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:02 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo

However I'm interviewing interns next week and that will have a very different selection criteria

Would those be the Presidential selection criteria?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Elvira
So you're clearly made for the job...
to a T
and it helps that the office is plonked right between some swanky looking offices...should see the carpark...massive amounts of space for all those nice cars *l*
Old Nov 19th 2005, 4:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Well a bit of an update...got an email that said I'm still in the running and to bare with them while they check out a few other people and to expect hearing back in the next couple weeks...

So hmmm....
Old Nov 19th 2005, 5:35 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Sure would make a nice Christmas present wouldn't it Bob?
Old Nov 19th 2005, 6:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Sure would make a nice Christmas present wouldn't it Bob?
It would be superb stuff indeed
Old Nov 20th 2005, 1:57 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It would be superb stuff indeed
well if they they don't choose you Bob it's their loss!! I'm keeping me fingers crossed for ya....roughly speaking that means - if you get the job you owe me a drink...mines a Bacardi and coke
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:23 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
well if they they don't choose you Bob it's their loss!! I'm keeping me fingers crossed for ya....roughly speaking that means - if you get the job you owe me a drink...mines a Bacardi and coke
Get her the cheap generic rum Bob, she can't tell the difference
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:30 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

hehe...cheers..and aye, drinks would be on me...but that would be a bit kinky
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:32 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Get her the cheap generic rum Bob, she can't tell the difference
hey I take offence to that ....don't forget the generic cola too...as long as it's diet
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:34 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

hey I take offence to that ....don't forget the generic cola too...as long as it's diet
And some special yellow ice cubes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.