Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wish Me Luck and...

Wish Me Luck and...

Old Nov 10th 2005, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wish Me Luck and...

Sounds great Bob!!! I've got everything crossed for you. Might be hard to move around and such, but I'll sacrifice!!
Old Nov 10th 2005, 2:05 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Wake up drippy ... go back a few posting ..for the report ...
sod off ...and where the hells my coffee .....slow poke
Old Nov 10th 2005, 2:08 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well I'm back...and I'm knackered...and both google maps and map quest were shite, there directions cost me two tolls I could have avoided and saved time, not to mention there directions missed a 30 min shortcut...but oh well
Try Streets & Trips my husband swears by it...and great news ..glad it went well , keeping my fingers crossed for ya
Old Nov 10th 2005, 2:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Good news! Nobody's going to interview you for that long and make offers about compensation if you're not up there near the top of the list.
That's what i'm hoping for...he did say he's looking for either 3 junior artists, or someone with a bit of experience and then just one other junior...and he seemed to tick off a lot of things on his list with me for the bit of experienced position...
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
And what a great company they are, wonderful people, hope you can become part of the team!
yup, just done that this morning
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Hope you get the job. Sounds like a nice place. Do they have any offices in New Jersey?
hehe
naaa...though they use to be mostly part of Impressions Studios which had an office in Blighty, but then they got bought out by Sierra and was raped and pilaged, so all the leads went and set this new place up a few years ago.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by LuTziE
Maine it would only be a 1 hr commute and the house prices are still cheaper in maine.
That's true...the bulk of the drive down was getting out of maine *l*
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Don't know how feasible it is-BUT might want to see if southern NH might not be possible to live in-they don't call it Taxachusetts for nothing-
About the EAD-IF a company is checked by Uncle Sam and found to be employing anyone without one they face a fine.
Having said all that-it surely sounds encouraging AND good-only wish you the best old Bob,
NH....yup, not to bad, and somin' to think about...and the EAD...well I should have my bloomin' greencard by now never mind the EAD, so going down for infopass next wednesday as they've had the 6 months plus a couple extra for background check, which has come through...so i've been more than patient *l*
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by RoB1833
Wayland and the surrounding area is really nice, if a little expensive even for Mass. The missues wants to move just down the road to Natick as that's where most of her realtives are so we'll probably be living there after the New Year sometime.
Natick was fab....that's where we were looking for places mostly because the 3W's were a tad pricey....very nice though...and all those golf courses will be a reason for the in-laws to visit *l*
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:21 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Natick was fab....that's where we were looking for places mostly because the 3W's were a tad pricey....very nice though...and all those golf courses will be a reason for the in-laws to visit *l*
Bob, did you send them a thank-you e-mail?? I usually send something like;

I enjoyed our discussion regarding the ****** position at ****, which we discussed this morning.
I am sure you would agree that am an excellent candidate, based on the information that I shared with you detailing my extensive ******** experience and historical excellence in many varied markets.
I am extremely excited about the opportunity to ************for ******* .
Looking forward to entertaining an offer and would like to begin discussing details as soon as possible.

Not that it's done me any good, but recruiters recommend it to appear enthusiastic
Old Nov 10th 2005, 10:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by lionheart
Bob, did you send them a thank-you e-mail?? I usually send something like;

I enjoyed our discussion regarding the ****** position at ****, which we discussed this morning.
I am sure you would agree that am an excellent candidate, based on the information that I shared with you detailing my extensive ******** experience and historical excellence in many varied markets.
I am extremely excited about the opportunity to ************for ******* .
Looking forward to entertaining an offer and would like to begin discussing details as soon as possible.

Not that it's done me any good, but recruiters recommend it to appear enthusiastic
Hehe...well I guess I wasn't that enthusiastic then *lol* but that was some what the gist of things
Old Nov 10th 2005, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
yup, just done that this morning
You got the job?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 11:04 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I went for interview # 12 today and got offered the job ........................ the bad news is that I turned it down as the pay was just over half of my last jobs
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

I went for interview # 12 today and got offered the job ........................ the bad news is that I turned it down as the pay was just over half of my last jobs
Well it's gotta be good on the ego being offered something...but half the salary...that's gotta suck
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh dear! Well at least they've got to the offering you the job stage, instead of not giving you anything. It will happen LH, one of these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.