Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wish Me Luck and...

Wish Me Luck and...

Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:05 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wish Me Luck and...

Give us a B
Give us a O
Give us a B

What have you got?........................GFIJZAQWYG, is that right?

Good Luck with the interview Bob, don't be late
Old Nov 9th 2005, 10:27 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Best of British, Bob!

I'm off to the UK for two weeks today also, haven't been back for 2 years but I'll look up BE to check on your employment status!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 11:00 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
...Help...

What can I say, but its happened again, and bugger....I've got a job interview tomorrow afternoon down in Wayland, Mass...

The place...well it's only a few years old so doesn't have much of a profile and I don't know anyone that can tell me much about it, so don't know what to expect and if I should be gutted if I don't get it or not...but then I didn't expect an interview....one of those things, blanket applications that I do to get my resume in company databases just to spread myself around a bit, and this place, better than most responses had a generic email saying they'll get in contact if I match their profile....didn't think anything of it...and yesterday, they emailed saying they want me to come down and see them as soon as I can and when best for me, so I said wednesday and thursdays because the missus doesn't work those days, might as well make the day of it, check the area out and all that...well so that's that, I'm seeing them tomorrow after lunch.

This is the problem, I don't really have work authorisation any more, and I applied just before it expired...still not recieved the f'ing greencard, and no new EAD yet....so I don't quite know how to play that card out if things went well, would be gutted to stumble over that...might try for start in the new year to avoid holiday faff...what do you think?

And Wayland, anyone got any ideas about the place? All I know is, it's about 4.5hrs drive from here, and it looks like it is in farting distance of Boston, pretty close to New Hampshire, between I495/95/90...couldn't find any train stops...lots of the green stuff and parks...

Good luck Bob.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm back...and I'm knackered...and both google maps and map quest were shite, there directions cost me two tolls I could have avoided and saved time, not to mention there directions missed a 30 min shortcut...but oh well

Hmmm...The interview...mammoth...1.5hrs...I'll hear back in abit apparantly, but got good vibes, think it went really well, and I'll be well gutted if I don't get it because they'll pretty much cover the cost of moving, pay deposit on a new rental and reimburse us for any lost deposit for this place... hmo medical is the standard, but it's 100% paid up by them including deductibles...3 weeks paid holiday plus sick days plus public holidays....and this place was offering $10K more than the place in Lawrence that I interviewed for before.

The area, well swish...felt a bit odd in the office block because in the ground and top floors were lawyers and engineer type offices...and then them in the middle, t-shirts and jeans the lot of 'em
Really nice area though, and pretty easy to get around to other towns...and there's a New Worlds health store that was well cheap, also had Tetleys, Strongbow and weirdly enough Oringina...oh, and fresh cod from Iceland...hmmm...

Oh, and most weirdly enough, they didn't make me sign a NDA...not that anyone would really care about me blagging about what they've got in the works *l*
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:47 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well I'm back...
Good news! Nobody's going to interview you for that long and make offers about compensation if you're not up there near the top of the list.

So who's getting your BE 'job'?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:48 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well I'm back...and I'm knackered...a *l*
But what about the JOB, Bob??
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good. I hope it comes through for you - though who will keep the cheesy jokes thread going?

Don't forget to drop them an email saying thanks for the interview & reminding them how good you are at whatever it was they want you to do
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:50 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
Sounds good. I hope it comes through for you - though who will keep the cheesy jokes thread going?

Don't forget to drop them an email saying thanks for the interview & reminding them how good you are at whatever it was they want you to do
And what a great company they are, wonderful people, hope you can become part of the team!
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:52 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well I'm back...and I'm knackered...
<snip>

I hope you get it. You deserve it, love.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:52 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well I'm back...and I'm knackered...and both google maps and map quest were shite, there directions cost me two tolls I could have avoided and saved time, not to mention there directions missed a 30 min shortcut...but oh well

Hmmm...The interview...mammoth...1.5hrs...I'll hear back in abit apparantly, but got good vibes, think it went really well, and I'll be well gutted if I don't get it because they'll pretty much cover the cost of moving, pay deposit on a new rental and reimburse us for any lost deposit for this place... hmo medical is the standard, but it's 100% paid up by them including deductibles...3 weeks paid holiday plus sick days plus public holidays....and this place was offering $10K more than the place in Lawrence that I interviewed for before.

The area, well swish...felt a bit odd in the office block because in the ground and top floors were lawyers and engineer type offices...and then them in the middle, t-shirts and jeans the lot of 'em
Really nice area though, and pretty easy to get around to other towns...and there's a New Worlds health store that was well cheap, also had Tetleys, Strongbow and weirdly enough Oringina...oh, and fresh cod from Iceland...hmmm...

Oh, and most weirdly enough, they didn't make me sign a NDA...not that anyone would really care about me blagging about what they've got in the works *l*
Hope you get the job. Sounds like a nice place. Do they have any offices in New Jersey?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:53 am
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

Bob,

Sorry i am late in wishing you luck for the JOB.
Good on ya mate.
If you move to southern Maine it would only be a 1 hr commute and the house prices are still cheaper in maine.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:46 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know how feasible it is-BUT might want to see if southern NH might not be possible to live in-they don't call it Taxachusetts for nothing-
About the EAD-IF a company is checked by Uncle Sam and found to be employing anyone without one they face a fine.
Having said all that-it surely sounds encouraging AND good-only wish you the best old Bob,
Old Nov 10th 2005, 10:26 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Wayland and the surrounding area is really nice, if a little expensive even for Mass. The missues wants to move just down the road to Natick as that's where most of her realtives are so we'll probably be living there after the New Year sometime.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:29 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

how did the interview go Bob?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
how did the interview go Bob?
Wake up drippy ... go back a few posting ..for the report ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.