Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wish Me Luck and...

Wish Me Luck and...

Old Nov 8th 2005, 4:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wish Me Luck and...

...Help...

What can I say, but its happened again, and bugger....I've got a job interview tomorrow afternoon down in Wayland, Mass...

The place...well it's only a few years old so doesn't have much of a profile and I don't know anyone that can tell me much about it, so don't know what to expect and if I should be gutted if I don't get it or not...but then I didn't expect an interview....one of those things, blanket applications that I do to get my resume in company databases just to spread myself around a bit, and this place, better than most responses had a generic email saying they'll get in contact if I match their profile....didn't think anything of it...and yesterday, they emailed saying they want me to come down and see them as soon as I can and when best for me, so I said wednesday and thursdays because the missus doesn't work those days, might as well make the day of it, check the area out and all that...well so that's that, I'm seeing them tomorrow after lunch.

This is the problem, I don't really have work authorisation any more, and I applied just before it expired...still not recieved the f'ing greencard, and no new EAD yet....so I don't quite know how to play that card out if things went well, would be gutted to stumble over that...might try for start in the new year to avoid holiday faff...what do you think?

And Wayland, anyone got any ideas about the place? All I know is, it's about 4.5hrs drive from here, and it looks like it is in farting distance of Boston, pretty close to New Hampshire, between I495/95/90...couldn't find any train stops...lots of the green stuff and parks...
Old Nov 8th 2005, 4:47 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wish Me Luck and...

Good luck, have absolutely no decent advice for you whatsoever except don't mention the green card issue yet ?!?!?! Anyway fingers crossed for ya
Old Nov 8th 2005, 4:50 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
...Help...
Break a leg!

You might want a read up here regarding your status and what the company can and cannot do.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 4:54 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

My EAD expired three months before I got my greencard, my employer asked me about it and I just told him that due to the fact the process was already in motion to get my perm ead I was still legal to work (total bollocks) as 'proof' of this I photocopied one of my notice of action regarding the biometrics for my green card for him and et voila! He bought it and nobody was any the wiser!

If they ask just tell them that while you are appyling for your perm ead you are still legal to work, by the time you're working for them you msy have you GC but if they ask again just keep stalling till you get it.

Worked for me, Good luck!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Good luck Bob
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

daisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the rough

Can't help with the EAD stuff, but I live in Newton which isn't that far from Wayland. Wayland is lovely, very pretty, and has property prices to match. It feels very villagey and is, indeed, within farting distance of Boston.

Will you be moving out this way if you get the job? Good luck with the interview and if you need any more details about the area then feel free to PM me.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:40 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Bob.
At least I have your record to strive for as the person longest unemployed on BE
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:48 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Bob!

this may impact your average post count on BE though....
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Good luck, have absolutely no decent advice for you whatsoever except don't mention the green card issue yet ?!?!?! Anyway fingers crossed for ya
that was my plan too
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Break a leg!

You might want a read up here regarding your status and what the company can and cannot do.
Ta for that
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
My EAD expired three months before I got my greencard, my employer asked me about it and I just told him that due to the fact the process was already in motion to get my perm ead I was still legal to work (total bollocks) as 'proof' of this I photocopied one of my notice of action regarding the biometrics for my green card for him and et voila! He bought it and nobody was any the wiser!

If they ask just tell them that while you are appyling for your perm ead you are still legal to work, by the time you're working for them you msy have you GC but if they ask again just keep stalling till you get it.

Worked for me, Good luck!
Now thats not a bad plan
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by lionheart
Good luck Bob.
At least I have your record to strive for as the person longest unemployed on BE
Hehe...thats so true...not got quite the best ratio of interviews to job apps
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by daisy
Can't help with the EAD stuff, but I live in Newton which isn't that far from Wayland. Wayland is lovely, very pretty, and has property prices to match. It feels very villagey and is, indeed, within farting distance of Boston.

Will you be moving out this way if you get the job? Good luck with the interview and if you need any more details about the area then feel free to PM me.
If I got the job, yeah, we would probably move into the area or somewhere near by, dont have a clue about what makes a good commute or anything like that, so we will be looking around online to see what the whole area is like...but if you have any recommendations for places that might be worth checking out, that would be lovely
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:06 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

At last!!!!!

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/sls/109545277.html
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:59 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
...Help...
Sorry, can't help - other than wishing you the best of luck!

(If I were you I wouldn't even raise the EAD issue at this point. First things first...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.