Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wish him luck!

Wish him luck!

Old Oct 3rd 2001, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

SharonR is an unknown quantity at this point

My fiance is going for his interview tomorrow (Oct 4) in London - so please wish him luck - he's done so much legwork and researching for this very important day - and he's soooo nervous and I want him to know I (and others) are thinking of him.

Go MW!!! You can do it!

Old Oct 3rd 2001, 7:31 pm
Sue

Good luck. Of course he can do it. It's not scary. Now getting married THAT IS SCARY
(heh-heh, joke, is he the guy heading for Dallas? AOS from K1 should be easy enough
there too). Let us know how it goes.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 3rd 2001, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

DOMIN0E is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck! And don't worry!!! So many people have done it, I am sure it will be a cake walk

Originally posted by SharonR
My fiance is going for his interview tomorrow (Oct 4) in London - so please wish him luck - he's done so much legwork and researching for this very important day - and he's soooo nervous and I want him to know I (and others) are thinking of him.

Go MW!!! You can do it!

Old Oct 3rd 2001, 10:02 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Guys. I hope it all goes well for you all.
Old Oct 3rd 2001, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

SharonR is an unknown quantity at this point

yes - he's actually coming to Fort Worth (via D/FW Airport) - I can hardly wait!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2001, 1:43 am
Sue

>

Cool. It took us very little time (about 15 mins) in secondary immigration at DFW
(it's an office on the right just after you go through immigration) to get our papers
sorted out, though that was a Sunday evening and not too busy.

For AOS, we joined the queue at the Dallas INS office at around
07:30, got in quite quickly because they made K1 adjustments go in separately. Beware
if you're not inside the building by 1pm they will turn you away. But that was Oct
2000 and I havent heard what the queues are like right now.

Good luck....

Old Oct 5th 2001, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Sue,

Thanks for the info. I am looking to use Dallas as our POE at about November 1st.

You said the INS office is on the right after imigration.

From the last time I visited Sharon, I remember a row of offices to the left and behind the passport inspection desks but none to the right, which as I recall was the door out to the Customs hall. Did I miss an office somewhere?

Maybe they have rebuilt that area since you guys had to do this?

We plan to do the AOS walk-in thing ASAP after our wedding.

Thanks for posting your message.

Brian.
Old Oct 5th 2001, 4:35 pm
Sue

Hi Brian,

>
    >
    >

Maybe you came in on a gate on the other side of the exit to the customs hall. Every
time I've done the trip incl several before & after last year, I always remember
offices as being over on the rightish, with exit to baggage hall to left. But I
haven't done it since end April this year. I don't think they'll let you get lost in
DFW though, espec these days. You're making me wonder if I'm thinking of a different
airport, I don't usually get left & right wrong but brain could be addled. (Reminds
me of something that happened at London Emb as I was waiting for my K1/K2s interview-
one guy was called up to the desk and asked to raise his right hand to affirm, & of
course he was facing the officer who had her right hand raised, so he raised his
left, like a mirror image. I think everyone in the room heard when she said 'Nooo,
your other right' <s>)

>

You'll be fine I'm sure. One other thing we did the day after our wedding - we opened
a joint bank checking a/c with a linked saving
a/c, & the bank gave us a joint c/card (decent limit too, no annual charge) and the
bank officer kindly gave us photocopies of our approved application, stating newly
allocated account no and details, so we could take them with us to the AOS next day
to show the officer, & we got me added to his - now our - business a/c.

Seems like yesterday but already it's nearly one whole year.

All the best,

Sue

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >