British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Winter Studs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/winter-studs-406935/)

Bob Nov 9th 2006 12:24 am

Winter Studs

Studded tyres...I think ours are okay and the in-laws are bringing them down with them this weekend...but if they are cooked, anyone got recommendations for a decent set that won't break the bank?

And what about places to get them put on, we use to just use a local place that a mate of FIL's runs, but down here, don't know if there are any particular places to avoid or not....

Jerseygirl Nov 9th 2006 12:29 am

Re: Winter Studs

Good job Vic's husband's home...the title of this thread could have sent her over the edge. :D

willmore Nov 9th 2006 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Bob
Studded tyres...I think ours are okay and the in-laws are bringing them down with them this weekend...but if they are cooked, anyone got recommendations for a decent set that won't break the bank?

And what about places to get them put on, we use to just use a local place that a mate of FIL's runs, but down here, don't know if there are any particular places to avoid or not....

Are they allowed in the States? They're illegal in canada except in manitoba during the winter months only! :scared:

Bob Nov 9th 2006 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Good job Vic's husband's home...the title of this thread could have sent her over the edge. :D

I knew some dirty mare would get the wrong idea :D :p

Jerseygirl Nov 9th 2006 12:39 am

Originally Posted by willmore
Are they allowed in the States? They're illegal in canada except in manitoba during the winter months only! :scared:

Err it is winter...or do you mean after 21st Dec? :rolleyes:

Bob Nov 9th 2006 12:39 am

depends on the state...and we're talking studs, not chains...and of course only during the winter months... :rolleyes:

willmore Nov 9th 2006 12:44 am

Err it is winter...or do you mean after 21st Dec? :rolleyes:

No kidding? I thought summer had just arrived! ;)

Rete Nov 9th 2006 1:02 am

Not in all states. Don't know about Massachusetts.

Jerseygirl Nov 9th 2006 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Bob

My husband was talking about getting winter tyres but don't think he meant studs. I would just choose the ones with the nicest pattern. :rolleyes:

BigDavyG Nov 9th 2006 1:09 am

My husband was talking about getting winter tyres but don't think he meant studs. I would just choose the ones with the nicest pattern. :rolleyes:

Like snowmen or something for the winter presumably

Jerseygirl Nov 9th 2006 1:11 am

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Like snowmen or something for the winter presumably

Big chunky ones for me. :D

BigDavyG Nov 9th 2006 1:16 am

Big chunky ones for me. :D

Tyres or snowmen ?? :confused:

Bob Nov 9th 2006 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Rete
Not in all states. Don't know about Massachusetts.

I'm putting the studs on all the same :D

RoB1833 Nov 9th 2006 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bob

As far as I know not allowed in Ma.

BrigieDarling Nov 9th 2006 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Bob

And the award for mis-leading thread title goes to.........BOB!