Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:16 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
We still had it at 76f last night down here. AC still going.
yeah and we're getting robbed by the electric companies Prices went up again!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
yeah and we're getting robbed by the electric companies Prices went up again!
fer gawd sake. On the flipside at least I wont get stung by the hike in winter heating costs they forcast.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Cold Winter-several months
Hurricaine - several hours

wassat you said Bob??
-40, 20F...it's all the same to be honest
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

fer gawd sake. On the flipside at least I wont get stung by the hike in winter heating costs they forcast.
yup....that's what we're looking into...this apartment includes heat, but we can't afford this place with the medical insurance hike...bit of an arse...the folks are lucky as they can burn as much wood as they like, woods man has its benefits, and ease of getting a wood pick up permit....the wood they have stacked should last 3 years, and would cost the average slob $600 a winter...but oil is still costing them over a grand for bare minimum heating so the pipes don't freeze...nothing beats having to pee outside because the bogs frozen over :
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:40 am
The American Job

britontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond reputebritontour has a reputation beyond repute

Not too worried about heating bills when there's fresh powder on the slops and I'm saving not having to pay euro prices to surf the frozen ocean all season.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:34 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by britontour
Not too worried about heating bills when there's fresh powder on the slops and I'm saving not having to pay euro prices to surf the frozen ocean all season.

Aahh someones still in the honeymoon period then.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I think I prefer the long cold winter snow....ouch
late to this post too ..... but yep agreed Bob, everyone has their own idea of paradise and mine isnt sweltering heat and hurricanes. I'll stick with 6 months of winter instead.

another p.s. our fall colour is wonderful right now not sure if they get that in Florida either
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:20 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
late to this post too ..... but yep agreed Bob, everyone has their own idea of paradise and mine isnt sweltering heat and hurricanes. I'll stick with 6 months of winter instead.

another p.s. our fall colour is wonderful right now not sure if they get that in Florida either
And it's not really 6 months is it

snow is only on the deck from the middle of December through the middle of March..........
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jan_michigan

Some of our leaves fall off. Granted its normally during a hurricane.

So anyway, shall we come back to this in say..middle of February when you've all had snow down for a couple of months and still got at least another two to go digging out and freezing up and I've just spent another weekend on the beach? I know which is closer to paradise for me but each to their own...its not so much the snow that would get me but rather the 6 months of little sunshine.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Oct 20th 2005 at 12:25 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
And it's not really 6 months is it

snow is only on the deck from the middle of December through the middle of March..........
Yeah 'bout that ish .... we only had just over 8ft total last year ... terrible lack of snow !!!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
ft myers beach is probably my favourite place I have seen in fla........saratota being another nice place.........I much prefer the gulf coast

Further south on the gulf coast gets my vote. I loved Naples and the beaches there. Clam Beach is fabulous as is the walk to the beach through the mangrove forest. The beachfront dining is also the best I've had for food and view in my many trips throughout Florida. My sister-in-law lived in St. Augustine and my niece-in-law lives in Crystal River. Both are okay places.

I still vote for a four season year ;-)
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Further south on the gulf coast gets my vote. I loved Naples and the beaches there. Clam Beach is fabulous as is the walk to the beach through the mangrove forest. The beachfront dining is also the best I've had for food and view in my many trips throughout Florida. My sister-in-law lived in St. Augustine and my niece-in-law lives in Crystal River. Both are okay places.

I still vote for a four season year ;-)
Crystal River is near where we are moving to in December. Apparently Ill get 2 and a half seasons there instead of just the 1 and a half I get down here.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:50 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Crystal River is near where we are moving to in December. Apparently Ill get 2 and a half seasons there instead of just the 1 and a half I get down here.
Ya wouldn't wanna walk it from your new abode
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Careful of the beach there ... its next to the nuclear power plant ..
Although the green glow you get from swimming in the sea is quite attractive .. and the wife can see you in the the dark..its quite a gentle glow
Old Oct 20th 2005, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Careful of the beach there ... its next to the nuclear power plant ..
Although the green glow you get from swimming in the sea is quite attractive .. and the wife can see you in the the dark..its quite a gentle glow
That reminds me of the Simpsons X-Files episode..... "We bring you peace" and naked Mulder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.