Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:17 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Originally Posted by Thydney
Hurricanes? What about the tornados and forest fires? Don't you love it all? Big spiders, gators, bears, coyotes, snakes, fire ants but worst of all snow birds the fuc*ing idiots in cars where they can't see over the dash then can't walk when they get out who weave aimlessly across three lanes at 5mph.
You got to admit it does all have a certain charm.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 2:35 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

Yea hence the fact the population down here doubles in the winter months and everyone speaks with a Noo Joisey type accent.
I wish they all ******' stayed there than come up here for the skiing, makes to so us local yokals can't afford it....plus there muppets in there 4x4's and don't know how to drive in the snow...nightmare
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:18 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Used to it. Late news says it will swerve down SoFla way, but move very very quickly out to the Atlantic.

Live here, you get used to it.

I'd rather have a hurricane than an earthquake any day. At least with a hurricane we have plenty of advanced warning and can leave the area.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:28 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, thing's already made cat 4 at 150 mph.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Damn, thing's already made cat 4 at 150 mph.
Most intense Atlantic hurricane ever at 882mb. Can only hope its peaking early and will drop off as it approaches FLA
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
after the last couple of years have you thought "is it really worth it?"
In the last 10 years ..hurricances have cost me $20 for one section of pool screening that blew out ....
How much does 10 year of snowy winter cost you northeners...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
In the last 10 years ..hurricances have cost me $20 for one section of pool screening that blew out ....
Thats at least 2 boxes of 9mm or .380 though.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:45 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

too true

no way i could live up north or in the midwest
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:51 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

I just don't know how you Florida people can stand the humidity there. I now live in Pittsburgh PA and the summer humidity HERE drives me crackers. We visited New Orleans in June and I absolutely hated it, my hair was plastered to my head like a swimming cap the whole time! How long did it take you to get used to the heat in Florida after living in Britian?
I can't see myself ever getting used to the heat but its only been two summers so maybe I will eventually....

Maybe you should all move here to the east, no hurricanes and no earthquakes! Bloody cold winters though but a small price to pay for a house that is still standing I think.

Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:54 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
I just don't know how you Florida people can stand the humidity there. I now live in Pittsburgh PA and the summer humidity HERE drives me crackers. We visited New Orleans in June and I absolutely hated it, my hair was plastered to my head like a swimming cap the whole time!
Hair ... whats that?? I seem to have some recollection in my past...
and we don't wear underwear either ...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
About 15 years off your life!

First hurricane for me..... oooo its so exciting.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 12:59 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
About 15 years off your life!
First hurricane for me..... oooo its so exciting.
Its a good time to use the pool .. the wind gives you some great waves...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 1:05 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice

Some people up here are very unsympathetic towards people who continue to live in Florida despite the hurricanes and having to re-build their houses every year and will say 'why don't they just leave?' but for Gods sake thats their HOME, of course the majority don't want to up and leave it and move to somewhere unfamiliar!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 1:15 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
Some people up here are very unsympathetic towards people who continue to live in Florida despite the hurricanes and having to re-build their houses every year and will say 'why don't they just leave?' but for Gods sake thats their HOME, of course the majority don't want to up and leave it and move to somewhere unfamiliar!
And we wish the northeners would stop coming down here every winter clogging up our road ...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 1:42 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I wish they all ******' stayed there than come up here for the skiing, makes to so us local yokals can't afford it....plus there muppets in there 4x4's and don't know how to drive in the snow...nightmare
I remember back in the gas crisis of the winter of 73/74, all the gas supplies on weekends in New England were diverted to the ski areas for the out of staters, which meant the locals were sucking pond water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.