British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Will ya'll be eating turkey on Crimbo day?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/will-yall-eating-turkey-crimbo-day-343718/)

TN-Dave Dec 20th 2005 5:44 pm

Re: Will ya'll be eating turkey on Crimbo day??

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Whats the matter, to late in the day for you to allow a typo past?

I give in :D have a freakin smiley, just so I don't upset you.

LOL... and I'd been cutting down on my smileys to make you happy !

dunc_b Dec 20th 2005 5:45 pm

I'm being forced to eat the big meal on Christmas Eve... and it'll be Ham :confused:

It'll probably be served with lot of vegetables that are sickly sweet too... I'm already planning on getting truely steamed in my local in order to try and avoid the meal...

It has to be said - the food here is truly terrible! - in restaurants and the grocery store <damn it- Supermarkets! ;) >

ironporer Dec 20th 2005 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Thanks for the visuals.

But I would have thought a blow torch would be more effective? No?

It certainly might be... are you volunteering to remove your pussy's fur in this way? Might be effective at fur removal, but the animal rights people (like those worried about geese and foi gras) may object to treating your pussy in such a way.

Although what you do with your pussy is of little concern to me.

TN-Dave Dec 20th 2005 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by ironporer
It certainly might be... are you volunteering to remove your pussy's fur in this way? Might be effective at fur removal, but the animal rights people (like those worried about geese and foi gras) may object to treating your pussy in such a way.

Although what you do with your pussy is of little concern to me.

And I think the pussy might take offense to being blowtorched too :scared:

Celsius Dec 20th 2005 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
I can only stomach turkey in small quantities, so no, we won't be having turkey.

Frankly I'm a bit at a loss as to what to do about Christmas dinner. In past years we would always go to my mum's, so I've never really had to think about this before.

Suggestions anyone? (Not ham though...)

Turducken?

Celsius Dec 20th 2005 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
I can only stomach turkey in small quantities, so no, we won't be having turkey.

Frankly I'm a bit at a loss as to what to do about Christmas dinner. In past years we would always go to my mum's, so I've never really had to think about this before.

Suggestions anyone? (Not ham though...)

Turducken or tofurkey maybe? :rolleyes:

TN-Dave Dec 20th 2005 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Celsius
Turducken

Aren't those things bloody expensive ?

Celsius Dec 20th 2005 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
SAVE BAGPUSS !!!!!!!!!! - Eat the wooden Proffessor Yaffle thing instead .... I liked Bagpuss as a kid. :eek:

How does the old cloth cat taste?

Celsius Dec 20th 2005 6:26 pm

Aren't those things bloody expensive ?

I see it online for $65.00 for 14-15lb turducken. You're a fair proportion of cost for the labor of stuffing the chicken in the duck in the turkey.

nethead Dec 20th 2005 6:29 pm

We're gonna be eating turkey christmas day, and I'm cooking it. Not too keen on the 'Merican stuffing, so trying to find a good sage and onion type recipe.
I'm also gonna try and make some mince pies later in the week, well there's a first time for everything I suppose.

Annette

TN-Dave Dec 20th 2005 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by nethead
We're gonna be eating turkey christmas day, and I'm cooking it. Not too keen on the 'Merican stuffing, so trying to find a good sage and onion type recipe.
I'm also gonna try and make some mince pies later in the week, well there's a first time for everything I suppose.

Annette

If the mince pies turn out well, can you send me a box ? :D

nethead Dec 20th 2005 6:37 pm

If the mince pies turn out well, can you send me a box ? :D

Of course I will Dave (but I don't bank on them turning out that good ;) )

Annette

TruBrit Dec 20th 2005 7:25 pm

Annette

hmmm mincies.....yes pls 2 doz for moi :D delicious with a dollop of brandy butter on the top :D

BritGuyTN Dec 20th 2005 8:48 pm

Annette

Same here - I put the Kaibosh on ham and potato salad after my first xmas meal here - it was crap

roast turkey, roast potatoes, sausagemeat stuffing (no sprouts) are all on the menu :beer:

bizarrely enough the outlaws love it!