Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

"at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:46 pm
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Rushman
In your companies case they $150,000 for a complete wanker.
Yeah great grammer in that sentence.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:48 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Whats "writting"? and does it prohibit you from using the spell checker option?

Hmmm "Job application letter"...is that what they are calling them in the upper echelons of management these days or just behind the counter in McDonalds?
I would have thought that the sort of positions someone in his league would be considered for are filled through networking rather than any kind of formal application process...
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:54 pm
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elvira
I would have thought that the sort of positions someone in his league would be considered for are filled through networking rather than any kind of formal application process...
Actually the job I have know came about by us sitting next to another couple whilst having dinner on a cruise, we wanted a table on our own but we forgot to book and the wait would be really long. So the guy behind me did the same thing, they had a table for four open we we just decided to eat with this other couple. So we get talking about what we do and the guy had been looking for someone with my skillset to join the company he worked for, he was the HR Director. So gave me his email, mailed my resume to him on our return, had interview, offered job, been there ever since!

Last edited by Terrier; Oct 21st 2006 at 3:55 pm. Reason: Spelling being as I am being marked!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:56 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

filled through networking .
ah arse kissing
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:58 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Terrier
He's not the one bragging about his superiority.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Thydney
He's not the one bragging about his superiority.
Never said nothing about my english language skills I don't think!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:08 pm
Not dead yet

Never said nothing about my english language skills I don't think!
You don't need to, just keep typing. Mines poor but you're verging on illiterate
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:26 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
I refuse to comment on my wages as I feel that subject to be both crass and tasteless.

BTW, I am leaving soon to get the Masarati's ash trays emptied.
Peasant, get one of the servants to do it.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

And great spelling in that one Mr manager
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:30 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the job I have know came about by us sitting next to another couple whilst having dinner on a cruise, we wanted a table on our own but we forgot to book and the wait would be really long. So the guy behind me did the same thing, they had a table for four open we we just decided to eat with this other couple. So we get talking about what we do and the guy had been looking for someone with my skillset to join the company he worked for, he was the HR Director. So gave me his email, mailed my resume to him on our return, had interview, offered job, been there ever since!
Sounds like a riveting dinner conversation - I'm sure discussion of your individual skillsets was absolutely fascinating stuff.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:32 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Sounds like a riveting dinner conversation - I'm sure discussion of your individual skillsets was absolutely fascinating stuff.
Is that like a Meccano set?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:32 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

And great spelling in that one Mr manager
Oh dear - no fullstop and inappropriate use of a smiley.
You are clearly part of the peasant underclass.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
So what do you and your boyfriend talk about when you go on your Atlantis cruises? If you can afford them that is!
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Is that like a Meccano set?
I think I'd rather have a Meccano set than talk about some complete strangers 'skillset' over dinner though to be honest I was more of a lego man myself.
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Absolutely but this pillock is no more a manager than I am a peace envoy for the united nations. He wouldn't have a clue what networking is.....(now he ask someone or google and post it in here)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.