Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

"at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: "at will" work state (getting fired - no rights)

Originally Posted by Terrier
Actually the cut off will change with location, NYC higher, Brownsville TX lower.
It's only $20 here in Florida.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Such a cheapskate. Don't you earn a big salary? You know...greater than 150,000? I hear thats the cut off line these days from pesent[sic] to wanker.

I refuse to comment on my wages as I feel that subject to be both crass and tasteless.

BTW, I am leaving soon to get the Masarati's ash trays emptied.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:11 pm
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold

It's only $20 here in Florida.
Yeah I hear the wages are real low there, why is that?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
Interesting article about Wanking though
"one, two, three, four, change hands........."

(by Ivor Biggun)
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:13 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gardnma
I refuse to comment on my wages as I feel that subject to be both crass and tasteless.

BTW, I am leaving soon to get the Masarati's ash trays emptied.
Peasant! Don't you know real wealth changes the whole vehicle when the ashtrays become full?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Peasant! Don't you know real wealth changes the whole vehicle when the ashtrays become full?
Aparrantly not, but then, I am a peasant.........
Come the revolution, you rich buggers will go to the wall with all the other societal waste.

BTW, what about my "copper question"?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Yeah I hear the wages are real low there, why is that?
Actually it's an interesting issue. The wealth (apart from a few horse ranch families and the ilk) in Florida is mostly out of state. It's all recent wealth brought in by retirees from the Northern states. The local populace are still very much the underclass here. And as there is no particular industry demand here beyond the service industries required for the (very) ageing population - such as food, building etc - there is no driver pushing the salarys up, unlike the cost of licing which is skyrocketing.

I forsee a very precarious position here soon... whereby the locals (as is already evidenced) can no longer afford to live here, there are no traditional pullers for 20 and 30 somethings to move here and the explosion of retirees slows down.

It is fast becoming a state sized retirement home with no supporting industries.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

Aparrantly not, but then, I am a peasant.........
Come the revolution, you rich buggers will go to the wall with all the other societal waste.

BTW, what about my "copper question"?
Apparently....Damned illiterates.

I am no "rich bugger" as you so eloquently put it.

I'm sorry, I appear to have missed that one. Would you be so good as to refresh my memory or point me in the requisite direction?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Apparently....Damned illiterates.

I am no "rich bugger" as you so eloquently put it.

I'm sorry, I appear to have missed that one. Would you be so good as to refresh my memory or point me in the requisite direction?
Always have trouble with that one.
It was a crack as we both know.

You are a copper here in the US right? Are you going to work as one in the UK also?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Always have trouble with that one.
It was a crack as we both know.

You are a copper here in the US right? Are you going to work as one in the UK also?
I gathered as much....I felt I played along with your ruse as benefited the situation.

No. I was a copper in the UK, I work as an EMT here. I shall be resuming my opus amor upon my return to the fairest shores.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

deng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to all

Every state except Montana (which doesn't really count seeing as hardly anyone lives there).

Originally Posted by franc11s
For any UK resident thinking of coming to the USA, if you decide to come to GA, you need one more piece of information..

On top of the normal, long hours, little vacation time, you need to know the manby pampy EU employment protection laws don't apply.

In fact, in GA, you could work for a company for 1 day or 15 years and your boss can fire you for no REASON. My lawyer is quoted as saying "you can fire him for the wind blowing"...

Any other states like Georgia where employment law is non-existent? I know in Europre employERS complain it's gone too far the other way and you almost can't fire anyone in the UK!!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:32 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Your personal sexual habits aside, I'd like to point out that it's "peasant", "one" and "outsource".

Also your sentence structure is poor to say the very least. Ideally you would want to place a full-stop after "prospective employees", commas around "you know what" and some glue word such as "but" before "it is equal". And just a single exclamation mark please. More than this to complete a sentence suggests over zealousness and immaturity in the writer.

And I dont earn anywhere near $150,000. Perchance I should ask for a raise? Or you, sir, should take some of your obviously immense salary and avail yourself of some post CSE schooling.
And, seeing that he doesn't know how to spell masturbate, perhaps he should stick to wanking...
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:34 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it's an interesting issue. The wealth (apart from a few horse ranch families and the ilk) in Florida is mostly out of state. It's all recent wealth brought in by retirees from the Northern states. The local populace are still very much the underclass here. And as there is no particular industry demand here beyond the service industries required for the (very) ageing population - such as food, building etc - there is no driver pushing the salarys up, unlike the cost of licing which is skyrocketing.

I forsee a very precarious position here soon... whereby the locals (as is already evidenced) can no longer afford to live here, there are no traditional pullers for 20 and 30 somethings to move here and the explosion of retirees slows down.

It is fast becoming a state sized retirement home with no supporting industries.
We have the same problem on the Cape...apart from the fact we have old money living here and lots of it....but locals can't afford to live here anymore they are selling up and moving on.....there are no jobs apart from low paid ones...we have tons of old people putting up the cost of car Ins...
Hubby does have a job for life if the company lasts...the joy of being the only Telcoms test Eng in the USA...or so it seems...no-one likes to stay in test they move onto software where 2 years later they get laid off because there are too many in that dept...that'll learn um...

Hubby had a contact while on his H1B...it paid him for the length of his H1B...5 years if he was laid off...
We can't moan at his company...when he was laid off on a greencard and taken back on 5 days later they let him have 3 months pay as a sorry for all the worry....
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:45 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

It's actually a bit more than that, see my original post where I say I make over $150,000 see this is where maybe your failure in the job market lies. When you are interviewed and they ask, name a number greater than 150,000? and you reply 150,000 sir, it does'nt look too good now does it?

Now as for the acusation of being a wanker, I must admit I have masterbated in the past, during puberty it was my #1 hobby to be honest! But since I have matured and gained social skills to be able to form relashionships upon meeting people (in person, not like the socially challenged indervidualls who must rely on chatrooms to find other desperate souls) the need for self pleasuring has all but dissappeared and I can honestly say I have only had one tug since I have been married to my wife in the last 6 years. The cause of that particular pleasure fest was the fact I had been sent to China to oversee a plant my company was opening there and I was there for 3 weeks and just could not hold out.

Strangely enough when I was in China I was tasked with interviewing prospective employees, I had some pesents come off the street with no schooling at all and you know what every single on of them knew 150,000 is not greater than 150,000 it is equal to it!! And people wonder why this country need to outscourse.
WANKER!

All that money and still can't spell
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

It's early, I'm posting on a website not writting a job application letter.
Whats "writting"? and does it prohibit you from using the spell checker option?

Hmmm "Job application letter"...is that what they are calling them in the upper echelons of management these days or just behind the counter in McDonalds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.