British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Will Mr Bush help??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/will-mr-bush-help-346530/)

Bloody Red Dragon Jan 6th 2006 3:02 pm

Will Mr Bush help???

Hi, we don't seem to qualify to live in the US even though we have no criminal records etc (nor have we got any money either) but i've written to the man himself asking for his help! ..... so does anybody know of anybody who's done the same and the results if any or was it all just a waste of time,ink and paper................STOP LAUGHING NOW!!!!!!!

BigDavyG Jan 6th 2006 3:04 pm

Re: Will Mr Bush help???

Originally Posted by Bloody Red Dragon
Hi, we don't seem to qualify to live in the US even though we have no criminal records etc (nor have we got any money either) but i've written to the man himself asking for his help! ..... so does anybody know of anybody who's done the same and the results if any or was it all just a waste of time,ink and paper................STOP LAUGHING NOW!!!!!!!

Its incredibly difficult to move to the US - don't take it personally.

Bloody Red Dragon Jan 6th 2006 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Its incredibly difficult to move to the US - don't take it personally.

Cheers BIGD, i know what you mean by not taking it personal but its all weve ever wanted {15 years of yearning} ... being penalised for not having a enough money.....................
mind you, theres between 8 and 11 million illegals living there quite happily, just doe'snt seem fair (how do they send their children to school without being discovered?).....................cheers!!!!

BigDavyG Jan 6th 2006 3:15 pm

Cheers BIGD, i know what you mean by not taking it personal but its all weve ever wanted {15 years of yearning} ... being penalised for not having a enough money.....................
mind you, theres between 8 and 11 million illegals living there quite happily, just doe'snt seem fair (how do they send their children to school without being discovered?).....................cheers!!!!

What Visa did you apply for anyway ??

Englishmum Jan 6th 2006 3:17 pm

Where do you want to live in the US?

Florida?

What is your occupation?

Bloody Red Dragon Jan 6th 2006 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
What Visa did you apply for anyway ??

Weve never applied for one Davy, its a case of no money, no skills and no family there so we'd be wasting everyones time..................... so we just wait untill our fortnight in US, dream, and keep trying the lottery... cheers!

Elvira Jan 6th 2006 3:21 pm

Weve never applied for one Davy, its a case of no money, no skills ... cheers!

So why on earth do you think you'd be better off in the US than in the UK? :confused: :rolleyes:

Bloody Red Dragon Jan 6th 2006 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Where do you want to live in the US?

Florida?

What is your occupation?

Hi English mum.... florida would be heaven, but anywhere in the south would be ultimate............. i'm a struggeling artist, reduced to taxi'ing at the moment, my wife is a manageress of a retail shop!!

Bloody Red Dragon Jan 6th 2006 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
So why on earth do you think you'd be better off in the US than in the UK? :confused: :rolleyes:

Hi Elvira,,,,,,,,, if you'd lived here a few years you'd understand.... would not need to be finacially better off.. just the way of life!!cheers

Elvira Jan 6th 2006 3:27 pm

Hi Elvira,,,,,,,,, if you'd lived here a few years you'd understand.... would not need to be finacially better off.. just the way of life!!cheers

I lived in the UK for most of my life, until 4 years ago.

I think it is one of the greatest countries in the world, and I miss it dreadfully.

TouristTrap Jan 6th 2006 3:27 pm

Has to be AWP pulling a leg......

fatbrit Jan 6th 2006 3:28 pm

mind you, theres between 8 and 11 million illegals living there quite happily, just doe'snt seem fair (how do they send their children to school without being discovered?)

Discovered by whom? Why would the authorities want to discover them?

Elvira Jan 6th 2006 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by izibear

You've got a point there. But this one is sooooooooooo predictable - surely he could/would do better? ;)

Bloody Red Dragon Jan 6th 2006 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by izibear

ok.... only just joined, AWP?? Fill me in!

gruffbrown Jan 6th 2006 3:34 pm

Ho Hum.........:rolleyes: