Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Will London schedule Interview if I send NOA?

Will London schedule Interview if I send NOA?

Old May 9th 2001, 4:54 am
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 265
pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening!
I'm hoping some-one can illuminate me on the following...
Our I-129F was approved May 3 at CSC.
We are using London Consulate.
We sent the papers to London, to open provisional file, the middle of April.
Question 1: Can I Courier the Original Approval to London, in advance of them receiving it from CSC, in hopes of them scheduling an interview date for my fiance?
I looked back at 2 years worth of postings. I read that London will not accept a faxed a copy of the approval. Is that still true?
Question 2: On the automated phone message, telling us our petition was approved, no mention was made of Cabling the approval to London. Is this normal?
Thanks in advance for any input you can give me! This newsgroup has really helped me keep my sanity.
pjane1954 is offline  
Old May 9th 2001, 10:27 am
Posts: n/a

We were approved through TSC Jan. 9th and had our interview date in London for Feb.
8th. We got a letter from them about a week and a half before that date. I also
called the embassy in London and was told over the phone that an interview letter
with such and such date was mailed to my fiance. I had thought about sending the NOA
but didn't want to take the chance of it getting lost as you need it later when you
do AOS. (of course you can get another sent to you if it does get lost). It turned
out not to take that long before the interview was set anyway. They do want the
original if you go that route. My guess is you will be hearing from them in the next
couple of weeks.
Old May 10th 2001, 1:39 am
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 265
pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default possible fingerprints in London

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it!
I'm wondering if my fiance's denied entry is going to raise it's ugly head, and then he will have to go that whole fingerprint route, which will add WHO knows how long.
If that happens it will be way too hot here in San Diego by the time he comes home, for his parents to come to our wedding!
Our atty said it isn't going to be a problem. But I wanted to let the embassy know in ADVANCE about the denied entry so we could get a head start on fingerprints. But atty said not to call the embassy. We shall just have to wait and see. I'll be disappointed if I was right all along.
pjane1954 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.