Reload this Page >

Wife is here on K3 visa - just got the I-130 approval notice

Wife is here on K3 visa - just got the I-130 approval notice

Old Sep 21st 2002, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

khabibiuf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife is here on K3 visa - just got the I-130 approval notice

Hi all,

My wife seems to be in an unusual dilemma. I originally applied a relative petition (I-130) in June 2001 for her and then filed a K3 petition for her in September 2001. The k3 visa was approved and my wife came here in December 2001. She then applied for adjustment of status about a month ago.

Today we got the approval notice for the ORIGINAL I-130 petition in the mail. It says the that they have sent the petition to "the "Deptartment of State national Visa Center (NVC), 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909".

What is going to happen now? I thought upon filing of adjustment of status the original I-130 was recalled or something like that. I think the NVC is going to contact the consulate overseas????

What do I need to do now? My wife filed for Adjustment of Status in Greer, SC and the original I-130 was filed at the Texas service center. I thought the greer office was supposed to take care of this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- khabibiuf
Old Sep 21st 2002, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife is here on K3 visa - just got the I-130 approval notice

This is OK, I believe I have read somewhere that once you file for AOS, NVC is notified. I do not recall if the service center will forward the I-130 directly to Greer or if it will go to NVC first, then onto Greer.

Call the NVC on Monday (603-334-0700).

omer
Old Sep 21st 2002, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

khabibiuf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by osaeed:
This is OK, I believe I have read somewhere that once you file for AOS, NVC is notified. I do not recall if the service center will forward the I-130 directly to Greer or if it will go to NVC first, then onto Greer.

Call the NVC on Monday (603-334-0700).

omer
Will NVC know that my wife applied for the Adjustment of Status? I'm afraind they are going to forward the package to the overseas consulate and it will cause a lot of confusion.

- khabibiuf
Old Sep 22nd 2002, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry, NVC takes a lot of time (a few weeks to a few months, depending on which consulate you are dealing with) to forward your app to the consulate. If NVC is unaware of your AOS, you should be able to mail them the receipt for your AOS, and the file will make it's way to Greer.

omer

Originally posted by khabibiuf:

Will NVC know that my wife applied for the Adjustment of Status? I'm afraind they are going to forward the package to the overseas consulate and it will cause a lot of confusion.

- khabibiuf