Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why you cannot come to the USA !

Why you cannot come to the USA !

Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Anna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really niceAnna Clare is just really nice
Default Re: Why you cannot come to the USA !

You cannot come to the USA because:

- you know for sure you will make it as an actress in Hollywood
- you know for sure you have a great first novel in you about driving from one coast to another
- you know for sure you are a natural hiphop superstar best suited to NY than Staines
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:46 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Hey you how's things with you?

sorry for the OT post
Busy, Busy, Busy (Same ol' same ol')

Still planning my escape ... I'm thinking if I just buy a one-way ticket to New York and tell the nice POE officer that I really, really, really want to come back to the States for good he'll let me stay. And if the POE officer is a she, she'll also offer me a free room for the night.

Did I really say that?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Busy, Busy, Busy (Same ol' same ol')

Still planning my escape ... I'm thinking if I just buy a one-way ticket to New York and tell the nice POE officer that I really, really, really want to come back to the States for good he'll let me stay. And if the POE officer is a she, she'll also offer me a free room for the night.

Did I really say that?
Worth a try!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:45 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anna Clare
- you know for sure you are a natural hiphop superstar best suited to NY than Staines
So how did Ali G manage it?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Perhaps he has a bitch in NY?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
a degree from Cambridge probably helped
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot come here just because you saw an advert on TV about California with Arnold Swartzenager in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md69zCJKD1c
Old Nov 16th 2009, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

You can't come to the USA until your territory becomes the 51st State!

(I think that about covers it. )
Old Nov 16th 2009, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

Retseh is just really niceRetseh is just really niceRetseh is just really niceRetseh is just really niceRetseh is just really niceRetseh is just really niceRetseh is just really niceRetseh is just really niceRetseh is just really nice

Originally Posted by zargof
Having just graduated from Uni with a Batchelors and no work experience won't get you a job here.
Batchelors = tasty soup

Bachelor's = useful qualification
Old Nov 16th 2009, 11:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

don't know about tasty, nor all that useful these days
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:37 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
don't know about tasty, nor all that useful these days
There's a really stupid commercial for Cambell's running, where they say "We don't boil it down, we just use less water."

If that were true, then calling it "condensed" would be a lie. They would have to change the name to Campbell's Thick Soup.

I worry about these things. Really.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Cant you come if you promise really truly that US chocolate, bacon and sausages are better than UK ones?

I'll have to re think what I wrote on that application now!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:48 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Can't come if you expect US taxes to be less than where your from.

Well you can if you hurry because next year, taxes will be in the 50%-60% range so we can pay people to buy cars and get loans and stay on the dole whilst making it look like the countries economy is growing.

That was a political broadcast on behalf of the original poster (!!!!)
Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
But seriously if anyone does want to come to the US, just send me a cheque for $5,000 and I'll get you a visa.