Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why would you paint a house like this?

Why would you paint a house like this?

Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:41 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why would you paint a house like this?

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...334_1111532565

And then put it on the market. The interior paint I mean. It's obnoxious. And I think I woud have removed the duct tape from the tub and sink for the pictures.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why would you paint a house like this?

I Only saw one picture of the inside? not pretty colour, but you can repaint, big house though, not bad for $79K
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:51 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I Only saw one picture of the inside? not pretty colour, but you can repaint, big house though, not bad for $79K
There are more if you click the giant "see all pics" button in the middle of the page. I know a purchaser can repaint if they really wanted to buy it, but I think as the seller I would have tried something a little more neutral for marketing reasons.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Well this looks like a house that could be flipped and make some decent money on..assuming the local market could support it. Fix some flooring (esp the kitchen), complete the repairs/projects it looks like were started and not finished and chose more neutral colors and there ya go.

Not too bad for the price they're asking.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
There are more if you click the giant "see all pics" button in the middle of the page. I know a purchaser can repaint if they really wanted to buy it, but I think as the seller I would have tried something a little more neutral for marketing reasons.
Duh I was looking for a 'see all pics button too' I see what you mean, looks like a great house for 'flipping' though, if I had the money and it wasn't such a crap market, I would love to get my hands on something like that, nice wood floors in most rooms, cool architectural features on the staircase too, at least the paint in the kitchen matched the ladies top

Are you looking to move?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's certainly brave....but puck me, those houses are cheap...you couldn't even get a garage for that kind of money out this way and those are proper houses with space....so with all the pennies saved on the house, a couple cans of paint shouldn't hurt ya to much
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:04 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

What a gorgeous house - I really like that balcony upstairs on the corner. It has some very nice interior features too, such as those china cabinets in the corners of one room. I personally like all of the colors, but I agree they are not exactly neutral... what's with the duct-tape in the bathroom, though?

My wife & I are looking for places to retire; at those prices maybe we should look at MO.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:09 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Duh I was looking for a 'see all pics button too' I see what you mean, looks like a great house for 'flipping' though, if I had the money and it wasn't such a crap market, I would love to get my hands on something like that, nice wood floors in most rooms, cool architectural features on the staircase too, at least the paint in the kitchen matched the ladies top

Are you looking to move?
We are probably going to have to. Either to a much cheaper house here or to KY due to the impending PCS move. I got my report date (15 August '10) yesterday so it's starting to seem real.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

We are probably going to have to. Either to a much cheaper house here or to KY due to the impending PCS move. I got my report date (15 August '10) yesterday so it's starting to seem real.
We've got a house in La Grange (just outside Louisville) that we're looking to sell in the near future! Of course, it may not be as far out into a rural setting that you may be used to, but we do have some decent privacy from nosey neighbors.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:13 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Beige is your friend, realtors colours. (or color depending on your persuasion)
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:14 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
We've got a house in La Grange (just outside Louisville) that we're looking to sell in the near future!
Is that way (way) out in the sticks? How far to Fort Knox?

Nevermind, saw your edit!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is that way (way) out in the sticks? How far to Fort Knox?

Nevermind, saw your edit!
hehehe..nope we're northeast of L'ville. The Fort is south-ish of L'ville. Where are you possibly going to be relocating to, and how far do you want to commute? I could give ya some pointers about where to look.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Viewed a condo in Florida a few weeks ago. All the living room walls...including the ceiling had been painted purple. One bedroom bright green...another bright pink...another orange...all the ceilings were painted the same colour too.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Viewed a condo in Florida a few weeks ago. All the living room walls...including the ceiling had been painted purple. One bedroom bright green...another bright pink...another orange...all the ceilings were painted the same colour too.
ick..nasty what kind of person enjoys those colo(u)rs?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
ick..nasty what kind of person enjoys those colo(u)rs?
Makes you wonder doesn't it? The owner had just repainted it for selling...yeah good luck with that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.