Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why would you not now move back to the UK?

Why would you not now move back to the UK?

Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why would you not now move back to the UK?

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol hey mr nivea how's it going
Smoooothly thanks.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Bored with you now so enjoy this last quote as you are on ignore from this post on.
oh well *l*
Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

d4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the roughd4vid is a jewel in the rough

I live in manhattan, i wouldnt want to live anywhere else (for another 35 or so years)
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Or maybe its the same one just a different name.

So who's the other moron then?
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:00 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
i bloody hope so or i'd be torn apart with conflict, as would most brits!
I think most of us have mixed ancestry (in my case i got blood from all over the british isles ... although somewhere some tall genes snook in from elsewhere when no one was looking )
Me too, I'm 25% English, 25% Welsh (mother's side), 25% Irish, 25% Scottish (father's side), I was born in Australia, married to a yank & now live in America. For some reason, this confuses people!!!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:04 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Partystar
Me too, I'm 25% English, 25% Welsh (mother's side), 25% Irish, 25% Scottish (father's side), I was born in Australia, married to a yank & now live in America. For some reason, this confuses people!!!
Wow what a mixture at least you are not stuck for places to go...
Old Feb 25th 2006, 6:23 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
Wow what a mixture at least you are not stuck for places to go...
That's for sure! Our son is a very lucky boy for that reason, well that...& having superb parents!!!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 6:34 pm
Occasionally here

sunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the rough

Here's something I bet most of us here didn't know. According to numbers from the British Foreign Office, the number of Brits who emigrate to the US is almost exactly balanced by Americans who emigrate to the UK....

So, are they naturalized ex-Brits who moved back, or real Americans? Maybe we should designate a day when we all switch sides, and get it over once and for all!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:12 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sunnysideup
Here's something I bet most of us here didn't know. According to numbers from the British Foreign Office, the number of Brits who emigrate to the US is almost exactly balanced by Americans who emigrate to the UK....

So, are they naturalized ex-Brits who moved back, or real Americans? Maybe we should designate a day when we all switch sides, and get it over once and for all!
The Reason I am not going back home is because they all came over here and the last person switched off the light hahahaha.. now all the American emigrates must be living in the dark...
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
The Reason I am not going back home is because they all came over here and the last person switched off the light hahahaha.. now all the American emigrates must be living in the dark...
As opposed to living in the dark ages I suppose

Annette
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:09 pm
Notts - CT

Originally Posted by nethead
As opposed to living in the dark ages I suppose

Annette
I was thinking more in the sense of blinded to the rest of the world haha
Old Feb 26th 2006, 12:34 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I would hope that, rather like the exceptionally well-travelled me, you have come to realise that home is where you rest your head; not where you were born.

It is so necessary to grasp all the nettles that this country has to offer. Some of them will sting but most will not.

God, how philosophical.

:scared:

I think I need another
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:46 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I would hope that, rather like the exceptionally well-travelled me, you have come to realise that home is where you rest your head; not where you were born.

It is so necessary to grasp all the nettles that this country has to offer. Some of them will sting but most will not.

God, how philosophical.

:scared:

I think I need another
I still feel like England is my home & that I'm just here temporarily. If that changes, it won't be for a while yet, if ever. To me, home is where I feel comfortable, happy, with memories & a past, therefore it will be a while before I can call America home.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

The thing that scares me about returning to the U.K. is the seeming rise in violent attacks and public disorder.

Things like "happy slapping" by retarded teenage chavs - wtf is so funny about beating someone up or even murdering them and recording it on a camera phone? Ha bloody ha.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4739608.stm

Last edited by Interested; Feb 27th 2006 at 1:09 am.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Interested
The thing that scares me about returning to the U.K. is the seeming rise in violent attacks and public disorder.

Things like "happy slapping" by retarded teenage chavs - wtf is so funny about beating someone up or even murdering them and recording it on a camera phone? Ha bloody ha.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4739608.stm
Oh please it's no where near as common as the Press would have you believe Rather that than going down the 7,11 after dark where I am right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.