Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why is it so hard?

Wikiposts

Why is it so hard?

Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is it so hard?

Originally Posted by Jansz
Hi Merc,

I am getting it all under control here and realised I will not be ready to put on the market until the beginning of spring, which is okay.

I realise I have never been scared before, I just did things!
If you need help with the house, why not have a bbq and invite your friends around to help. I was lucky when I had to sort the house out when I split from my husband, I flew in from another state and had only 5 days to sort it. My friends also brought their friends around and helped me pack the house up and sort it, I sold it shortly after without having to go back. The fun side was I hadn't got a clue where anything was when I unpacked. The other good thing was some of the things I couldn't take they were interested in it, so I gave it to them. Since I was also going to a different climate, the charity shops did very well out of my clothes....something that I did regret as when I went back to a similar climate I had to buy another wardrobe, oops...
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:41 am
Sparking like champagne!

Jansz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mercedes
If you need help with the house, why not have a bbq and invite your friends around to help. I was lucky when I had to sort the house out when I split from my husband, I flew in from another state and had only 5 days to sort it. My friends also brought their friends around and helped me pack the house up and sort it, I sold it shortly after without having to go back. The fun side was I hadn't got a clue where anything was when I unpacked. The other good thing was some of the things I couldn't take they were interested in it, so I gave it to them. Since I was also going to a different climate, the charity shops did very well out of my clothes....something that I did regret as when I went back to a similar climate I had to buy another wardrobe, oops...
Good idea, but not sure anyone would want to wash walls and carpets with me a couple of years ago I could have put the house straight on the market, but life gets difficult and things get neglected, now I am bringing the sparkle back to myself and my house.

I think that the why is was so hard was about getting things done and making final decision for me. I feel happy I am at last getting things done and as I dont actually know where I am going to live I will need another trip back to finalise things, so the slow pace is okay, I just feel that at last I am on my way and have stopped holding back. I wont be putting house on market til beginning of spring so it will be 6 months or longer before I go, therefore I will keep plodding and just get help with somethings that I do need help with and oganise the rest as I go.

I will remember about the clothes though
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:45 am
Sparking like champagne!

Originally Posted by Elvira
Where's me karma then you muppet!!!
Hold on I'm new to this!!! Here let me try, tell me if I did it okay
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:53 am
Sparking like champagne!

Hold on I'm new to this!!! Here let me try, tell me if I did it okay
Oh my God, I am a muppet! I cant work out how to send karma and I am replying to myself! Can anyone tell me, I'll send you some karma if you do
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my God, I am a muppet! I cant work out how to send karma and I am replying to myself! Can anyone tell me, I'll send you some karma if you do
Press the karma button on the poster you want to give it to you, not on yours, you muppet,
Old Jun 7th 2006, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

SCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really nice

Press the karma button on the poster you want to give it to you, not on yours, you muppet,

A few muppets have learned something important today, I'll bet
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:58 pm
Sparking like champagne!

Did I do it correctly? I dont seem too good at this
Old Jun 7th 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have more faith in yourself, you did it correctly.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:08 pm
Sparking like champagne!

Have more faith in yourself, you did it correctly.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:22 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

You bet - it was blank!!!

Never mind - it's the thought that counts...
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:42 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
You bet - it was blank!!!

Never mind - it's the thought that counts...
Course it was!! Karma is always blank until you have 100 posts under your belt.