Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why an other medical examination for EAD?

Why an other medical examination for EAD?

Old Oct 20th 2002, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

J Roussel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why an other medical examination for EAD?

I got my K1 visa in August, so I took the big medical examination with an 'INS doctor' in Paris: HIV test, Siphylis, X ray, she checked my vaccinations and I got one done by her because she said it was the only one missing from the list.

I thought that they would keep this envelope with the medical at INS, but now that I got married and want to apply for AOS, they tell me I need to have the exact same medical done again. That really makes me mad. Can somedy tell me if I really need to get that done? Does anyone know what happens to that sealed brown envelope we give the INS officer at the POE? Why don't they let us keep that? They probanly throw it away.....
Old Oct 21st 2002, 5:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why an other medical examination for EAD?

Who told you that you have to have the medical again? The I-485 instructions clearly say that a medical is waived for K-1 visa recipients. If, however, your AOS interview does not take place for 12 months after filing, you will have to get another vaccination supplement done.

Rete

Originally posted by J Roussel:
I got my K1 visa in August, so I took the big medical examination with an 'INS doctor' in Paris: HIV test, Siphylis, X ray, she checked my vaccinations and I got one done by her because she said it was the only one missing from the list.

I thought that they would keep this envelope with the medical at INS, but now that I got married and want to apply for AOS, they tell me I need to have the exact same medical done again. That really makes me mad. Can somedy tell me if I really need to get that done? Does anyone know what happens to that sealed brown envelope we give the INS officer at the POE? Why don't they let us keep that? They probanly throw it away.....