Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why move to the US?

Why move to the US?

Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:44 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why move to the US?

Originally Posted by wvmtnr
One honest misconception here is everyone saying the US healthcare is piss poor. The healthcare is world class. You say it's poor because you aren't getting it for free. There is a big difference and it needs to be pointed out. Nothing in America is free. Everyone has to work hard to e a success.
I understand what you mean, but facts and figures indicate that health system in America is diabolical given the amount spent on it. As a nation it is not world class.

Some Individuals get world class care.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:09 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

One honest misconception here is everyone saying the US healthcare is piss poor. The healthcare is world class. You say it's poor because you aren't getting it for free. There is a big difference and it needs to be pointed out. Nothing in America is free. Everyone has to work hard to e a success.
Seriously, I have a bridge that I'm trying to sell - second hand but superb condition. It connects Manhattan to Brooklyn and is really well built. $2 million. PM me.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:19 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Healthcare that is not available to everybody is piss poor. Access should be a right not a luxury.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 2:56 am
Just Joined

wvmtnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Yes - people often confuse healthcare with health insurance. The healthcare is world class IF you have access to it. If you have no health insurance (or a poor health insurance plan) it doesn't matter how good the healthcare is. The entire health insurance system is a mess of red tape, paperwork and inefficiency that wastes billions of dollars every year.
Here is one person who understands it. The healthcare is great! It's finding good insurance that's hard to do. But it's out there.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 2:59 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is one person who understands it. The healthcare is great! It's finding good insurance that's hard to do. But it's out there.
Are you Mitt Romney? Be honest.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zen10
Yes. Yes I am. I love Big Bird.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:34 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Yes I am. I love Big Bird.
Health care in the UK is not free. It's free at the point of delivery.

We all pay for it, via taxation and government investment,so that we can all get it when we need it. We call it "an advanced society."

PS: In the UK, it isn't called the "health care industry". Yes, the clue is in the name.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zen10
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Health care in the UK is not free. It's free at the point of delivery.

We all pay for it, via taxation and government investment,so that we can all get it when we need it. We call it "an advanced society."

PS: In the UK, it isn't called the "health care industry". Yes, the clue is in the name.
Lol. Thanks for stating the obvious. And thanks for the arrogance.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:43 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. Thanks for stating the obvious. And thanks for the arrogance.
I was merely answering your point, where you said US health care is not free, contrasting it with the UK.

But you are quite welcome.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I was merely answering your point, where you said US health care is not free, contrasting it with the UK.

But you are quite welcome.
Yes, yes. We are all adults here. (I think). I just assumed everyone here knew by the word "free" it was understood that it is taxpayer funded. I guess some need to spell it out for some reason.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:23 am
Banned

Yes, yes. We are all adults here. (I think). I just assumed everyone here knew by the word "free" it was understood that it is taxpayer funded. I guess some need to spell it out for some reason.
When we say free we mean free at the point of delivery for everyone irrespective of age, employment status, or existing medical conditions. We support this system over the one that has 62 million people without healthcare, and routinely bankrupts people or makes them homeless, which is the private system you champion.

Just to clarify terms, etc.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:56 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

It can be great, it can be mediocre. The US has the same issues with MRSA and all the other stuff as the NHS - just with the extra level of admin and insurance on-top.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:15 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Insurance, as an industry, should be made a non profit endeavor. Health/car/ property etc. No one should profit from the principle.

We could call it National Insurance.

Wait. No. Nobody will go for that.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of crappy healthcare, got a letter today telling me my premium is going up from $590 to $675 per month. And the coverage sucks too.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

SDB1985 will become famous soon enough

Personally I dont think either the UK system is right or the US. There needs to be more balance between the state contriubution and the end user's. The NHS will become increasinly more unaffordable as the population tends to older age. We need more people working to fund it - but thats not going to happen with out massive immigration which is politically a non-starter now. Thats not to say it shouldn't have a signficant subsidy as healthcare markets as demonstrated by the US are never competitive enough - mainly due to the massive information bias on the side of the provider

Last edited by SDB1985; Oct 5th 2012 at 8:42 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.