British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Why do threads keep getting closed.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/why-do-threads-keep-getting-closed-424356/)

BigDavyG Feb 5th 2007 4:17 pm

Why do threads keep getting closed....

.....I've noticed that a lot of perfectly fine threads have been closed recently, particularly in meet and greet.
Is there any reason for this or is there now a maximum word count per thread ???

Irn-bru Feb 5th 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Why do threads keep getting closed....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391673
stickied on meet and greet - 1 week. :)

Bob Feb 5th 2007 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG (Post 4366535)
.....I've noticed that a lot of perfectly fine threads have been closed recently, particularly in meet and greet.
Is there any reason for this or is there now a maximum word count per thread ???

aye, time limited in Meet and Greets...

Elvira Feb 5th 2007 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4366655)

We seem to get so many who come and say 'HI', get lets of hellos, and are never seen or heard from again...

BigDavyG Feb 5th 2007 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4366655)

A bit bloody stupid

Bob Feb 5th 2007 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG (Post 4366693)
A bit bloody stupid

it's to stop them being a chat fest though...

Irn-bru Feb 5th 2007 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4366819)

well maybe if they weren't closed we could encourage the newbies to stick around by having a chat fest with them? :)

BigDavyG Feb 5th 2007 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u (Post 4366825)
well maybe if they weren't closed we could encourage the newbies to stick around by having a chat fest with them? :)

Ta-da :thumbsup:

britvic Feb 5th 2007 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4366819)

Thats understandable, just dont get it why so many dont pop up else where in the forums :confused: bit fed up of welcoming newbies to be honest when they dont stay around.

Elvira Feb 5th 2007 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 4366840)
Thats understandable, just dont get it why so many dont pop up else where in the forums :confused: bit fed up of welcoming newbies to be honest when they dont stay around.

Same here - I find it hard to muster up any enthusiasm for welcoming anyone these days.

What is it with these people - are we really THAT scary? :confused: Or boring? :eek:

Irn-bru Feb 5th 2007 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 4366847)
Same here - I find it hard to muster up any enthusiasm for welcoming anyone these days.

What is it with these people - are we really THAT scary? :confused: Or boring? :eek:

I would like a poll to be stickied in the meet and greet forum to find out what it is :huh:

Maybe if we encourage chat between the poster and others they won't feel intimidated to post anywhere else :confused: :unsure:

britvic Feb 5th 2007 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 4366847)

They might not realize how fast pace this site is compared to other Expat sites :zzz: There was not the meet & greet when I joined and I certainly did not get all the nice welcomes, but I stayed around :) and I'm glad I did, just to think of the laugh's this place has brought me, better than anything on the TV, not to mention the friends I have found that came with it, now I just have to check in every day just to see whats going on :o :D

Elvira Feb 5th 2007 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 4366902)
.........now I just have to check in every day just to see whats going on :o :D

"check in every day" :confused: :blink: ... more like hanging around for hours :p :D

TruBrit Feb 5th 2007 5:50 pm

you don't think my avatar puts them off...nahh surely not the lovely mr cowell :wub: :wub: :wub:

britvic Feb 5th 2007 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 4366919)
"check in every day" :confused: :blink: ... more like hanging around for hours :p :D

lol :lol: I pop in and out all day long then, Tea time, Expat time :p