Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why do so many lower-income white americans support the Republican?

Wikiposts

Why do so many lower-income white americans support the Republican?

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:29 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do so many lower-income white americans support the Republican?

And I will try and gracefully leave this thread, before it gets to heated as too many political threads have become as just being lighthearted is not working! Also I am non-partisan but that doesn't seem to work here
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:29 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
oh help I do try not getting into politics here on BE as I find people on either side to be bores trying to thrust their views down my throat!
It was more from the source as your original comments seemed to be that republicans had more outlets for their viewpoints etc whereas, last few days the independent company (can't remember their names) said that the news organisations were 66% (I think) in the lead up to the elections, in favour of the democrats.
I wasnt refering to the amount of advertising as much as the acuracy of it.

As a Canadian citizen, I'm more of an impartial observer in all this, and this extremely negative campaining of the republicans was actually something I read about in the Guardian initially. I cant say I was shocked, but was a bit alarmed that even when called on it, the republicans on occasion refused to even pull the ads, let alone apologise.

The mass media in the US tends to be rather right leaning (we get a lot of US media north of the border), so its no surprise to me that the networks air these ads without too much care whether the content is true or not.

Last edited by iaink; Nov 2nd 2006 at 4:33 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:30 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
eemm did I say it was? I hope you were just making a general point.
no, not really directed at you, it was just a general rant.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:36 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I really don't get it

Republicans screw them on healthcare
Republicans screw them on education
Republicans screw them by sending their kids to war
Republicans screw them on minimum-wage

It confuses and flummoxes me on nearly a daily basis

When my friend who works in a warehouse and make $24k a year at the age of 32 and doesn't get healthinsurance and supports them

When my 60 year old father in law who has never had the money to travel out the country and has any life enjoyment put on hold (like spending $50 in gas to see a close friends wedding) just so he can put virtually every penny he earns into retirement and to cover future healthcare; because he can see his mother had to sell her house and move in with her kids AND STIILL can't afford all her medications; and his mother-in-law who every year has to make a choice between heating or prescriptions.

Why do they support the party who will give a bigger tax depreciation allowance on a brand new truck witf a GWR of 6000lbs compared to a used one of 6000lbs?

Neither of them will ever benefit from the tax cuts the republicans put in place that benefited households with income of $150k upwards proportionately moe than any other income bracket

why do they support the party who obviously does not support them?
Maybe they like to be screwed (who doesn't?). Maybe its because the Democrats aren't a party for the working people of America. What we need here is a real worker's party, you know, like they used to have in the UK?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:47 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Maybe they like to be screwed (who doesn't?). Maybe its because the Democrats aren't a party for the working people of America. What we need here is a real worker's party, you know, like they used to have in the UK?

So Comrades come rally!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:49 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Shame... we ended up getting on alright... well I thought.
Your wrong .................
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:49 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

We need Citizen Smith and the Tooting Popular front ........
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Your wrong .................
Gees... I'm so disheartened...
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:51 am
Ray

Gees... I'm so disheartened...
She is following this thread ..yere pinko ......
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:54 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

is she?

Hi E.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:55 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Right now in TN we have a huge campaign between Bob 'the ****' Corker and Harold 'I'm white, honest' Ford Junior

I really dislike Bob Corker, 30 per cent because hes a conservative republican and 70% because I think he is a crook

That left me with Harold Ford, now he comes across like a sleazy politician, but I was fine with him initially.

Now it seems that hes gone off on a 'I love the Jesus, lets pray to the lord' kick and is against gay marriage, maybe against abortion (i can't work out where he stands on it basec on the bottom of the text on the link below)

http://www.haroldfordjr.com/index.ph...149&Itemid=149

The bottom line is that right now in TN i have two candidates who I think are equally crap. So a decision needs to be made more on the national level, i.e. helping the dems get control of congress

Or on the other hand, I can just become a selfish ***** and become republican, and not give a shit about impoverished older in laws and people less fortunate
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
She is following this thread ..yere pinko ......
And she's called me that already!!!

I haven't said anything!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:56 am
Ray

And she's called me that already!!!

!
She denied that ....
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
She denied that ....
She loves me really.....
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:31 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Its all in the numbers.....On the news last week the U.S reached 300 million peeps and counting! so obvisouly more people....more rich people, more poor people, more douche bags!

We see a greater number of poor people here than in England, we see a greater number of rich neighborhoods than in England, but only because there are more people.

It doesn't matter which political party gets in, it will never change, the democrats will not change sh!t....the Republicans are in right now and they certainly don't give a sh!t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.