Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why do so many lower-income white americans support the Republican?

Why do so many lower-income white americans support the Republican?

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 3:57 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why do so many lower-income white americans support the Republican?

I really don't get it

Republicans screw them on healthcare
Republicans screw them on education
Republicans screw them by sending their kids to war
Republicans screw them on minimum-wage

It confuses and flummoxes me on nearly a daily basis

When my friend who works in a warehouse and make $24k a year at the age of 32 and doesn't get healthinsurance and supports them

When my 60 year old father in law who has never had the money to travel out the country and has any life enjoyment put on hold (like spending $50 in gas to see a close friends wedding) just so he can put virtually every penny he earns into retirement and to cover future healthcare; because he can see his mother had to sell her house and move in with her kids AND STIILL can't afford all her medications; and his mother-in-law who every year has to make a choice between heating or prescriptions.

Why do they support the party who will give a bigger tax depreciation allowance on a brand new truck witf a GWR of 6000lbs compared to a used one of 6000lbs?

Neither of them will ever benefit from the tax cuts the republicans put in place that benefited households with income of $150k upwards proportionately moe than any other income bracket

why do they support the party who obviously does not support them?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:00 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do so many lower-income white americans support the Republican?

Same as home and conservatives, they always promise lower taxes - more money in their pocket (if they follow through)
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Why do so many lower-income white americans support the Republican?

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I really don't get it

Republicans screw them on healthcare
Republicans screw them on education
Republicans screw them by sending their kids to war
Republicans screw them on minimum-wage

It confuses and flummoxes me on nearly a daily basis

When my friend who works in a warehouse and make $24k a year at the age of 32 and doesn't get healthinsurance and supports them

When my 60 year old father in law who has never had the money to travel out the country and has any life enjoyment put on hold (like spending $50 in gas to see a close friends wedding) just so he can put virtually every penny he earns into retirement and to cover future healthcare; because he can see his mother had to sell her house and move in with her kids AND STIILL can't afford all her medications; and his mother-in-law who every year has to make a choice between heating or prescriptions.

Why do they support the party who will give a bigger tax depreciation allowance on a brand new truck witf a GWR of 6000lbs compared to a used one of 6000lbs?

Neither of them will ever benefit from the tax cuts the republicans put in place that benefited households with income of $150k upwards proportionately moe than any other income bracket

Because the have terminal stupidity I guess, or maybe because the family has always supported the Republicans and the children are brought up to support them too.
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I really don't get it...........

Maybe because the Republicans have God on their side?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Republicans support the 2nd amendment
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Don't insult them [Republicans]; you'll be called Pinko Commies
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I spoke to her yesterday .....
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Republicans support the 2nd amendment
So do Democrats... the NRA is supporting *50* (may have actually been 60) Democrats during next weeks elections.

EDIT: Is actually 60
http://online.wsj.com/public/article...f_main_tff_top

Last edited by anotherlimey; Nov 2nd 2006 at 4:07 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:05 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't insult them on BE you'll be lynched!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:07 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
If you don't insult them on BE you'll be lynched!
I am a Conservative (Republican) ..no little pinko commie
is going to lynch me...... I have God and Glock on my side
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
I spoke to her yesterday .....
IF you mean who I think you do... she hasn't been around here in a long time...
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:09 pm
Ray

So do Democrats... the NRA is supporting *50* (may have actually been 60) Democrats during next weeks elections.

EDIT: Is actually 60
Expected to .....is not fact ....
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

the same could be said of the democrats though.

If they are the political party for poor people, why were there still poor people after 8 years of Clinton.........

I know it's very simplistic.
Ray

IF you mean who I think you do... she hasn't been around here in a long time...
Thats correct ..... she gave up
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...72&postcount=3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.