Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why do so many European born USC vote for the Democrats?

Why do so many European born USC vote for the Democrats?

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do so many European born USC vote for the Democrats?

Originally Posted by pejpm1
Military targets or just Iran in general? I know, how about they just bomb anyone that doesnt do what the US says? Would that be a good idea too?
No, only those that want to kill us.
it is WW3, they just forgot to name it.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
No, only those that want to kill us.
it is WW3, they just forgot to name it.
Reg. Frank R.
Fox News strikes again !!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats probably, because Israel, is not trying to kill & destroy us. hmmmmmmm!!!!!!
Do you think that hostility towards the US in the middle east might be linked to the US's total support of Israel, regardless of what they do?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:47 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Unfortunately, its the same old song. Lots of talk and noise and when it comes down to the wire, you get a lukewarm solution to a real problem.

Grumble, grumble, snort, gripe.
talking about grumbling, an earlier poster on this threadsaid americans don't grumble (or in as many words)

I quizzed the wife on this and apparently most people in her office are bitching about the price of gas

I also quizzed the manager of the local macys menswear dept and he said sales are down about 60% compared to last year.

and the fairly cheap mexican restaurant I sometimes go to was absolutely empty last night
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:54 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
But Clinton's husband sent troops to Bosnia and to Kosova, and bombed Sudan, Pakistan, Iraq and Yugoslavia when there was no credible relationship between a threat to the US and the subsequent military action taken.

Clinton is a liberal interventionist who believes that the US military should be sent into some conflicts even when there is no "clear and present danger" to the US. In the case of Bosnia and Kosova, I think that decision was right. But if you want US troops only to protect your nation from danger - Clinton isn't your candidate.
Clearly a different situation.Our troops along with Nato were sent in for humanitarians pruposes to stop ethnic cleansing.What greater cause could we use the military than to end human suffering? I applauded Clinton's decision!!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think that hostility towards the US in the middle east might be linked to the US's total support of Israel, regardless of what they do?
Good point.

One lesson from history I think should be remembered is the fate of Germany between the wars. The victorious allies were hell-bent on punishing Germany after the 1st world war, and getting reparations. This led to a climate of misery and hatred in the country, one that allowed Hitler to flourish. Conversely, after the 2nd world war Germany was treated differently and the result is that now we have a Germany that is a successful ally and friend. I think a lot of people actually resent the fact that Germany did so well after the war, but the alternative was another bitter country ripe for another Hitler. The same applies today in the middle-east. We use our superior technology to 'punish' the various countries in the middle east, making their lives miserable and fostering a hatred against us - a climate ripe for nutcases to rally them into a fervour against the west.

If just a fraction of that multi-billion dollar war budget was used for development projects in those countries we may see a different outcome. But you can hear the texas rednecks now - 'why are my taxes going to build schools in Iraq?'. So we will continue to fund invasions, but not projects that could do good. Oh well, all I can do is hope we don't get another 4 years of Republicans ... oh please, oh please, oh please ...
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:04 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

As clear as a bell. Of course, by that theory we will have no Fireman, Police, Coal Miners or freeway construction workers. If we never go to war, then I guess we will not need the armed services, wow no more free scholarships. We can save trillions. Of course we will never truly know, how Obama would have voted.
Lets bring back the troops (There should have been a million), send in those Daisy cutter bombs.
Frank R.
Frank

You are a smart guy and there is no way anyone should confuse the difference of a job for a nurse,fireman or police officer working in the States, to that of a young soldier operating in a war zone.

Who btw have been sent away far from home to a distant nation to fight and kill innocent and guilty people in order to carry out a doctrine of world domination that includes control of the worlds oil.Our troops are used properly in many cases but that is not true of why they were sent to Iraq.

Of course you must know that if Iraq didn't have oil we would not be over there.Unlike the Clinton Admin, Bush has not sent the troops in to end bloodshed to stop ethnic cleansing.Obviously that is not the reason why we have our troops in the Middle East.

A career soldier understands that there will be a time when corrupt civilian leaders will gain power.My brother inlaw who was in the Navy for several years was offered the chance to re-up for additional years when Bush came into power but decided against it because he was concern that a republican administration would not respect the life of enlisted men.

Thank goodness he and many other soldiers had the instincts and wisdom to understand the shifting winds .You might want to read the statistics about the soaring level of suicides in the military since Bush has sent our young people over to Iraq.

I was ROTC Airforce in college but I never served in a conflict.The military soldier is willing to do what ever is ask of him/her.But its our job as voters to make sure that these kids are in the hands of responsible leaders.4000+ dead,40,000 injured soldiers, 150,000 dead innocent Iraq civilians would all be unaffected today if Gore had been selected for president.

Now we are all having to pay the price for our government having spent three trillian dollars from our economy for this war.Because of it the recession will be longer and certain entitlements will have to be slashed including social security.All a direct effect of voters not making wise decisions when picking civilian leaders.

Still too many voters picking the canidate who seems like a "cool person" to have a drink with,or picking someone because they like their personality.I wonder how many people would be crazy enough to pick a doctor to perform surgery on them because he seem like a cool witty guy?Not many I would guess!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Fox News strikes again !!!
guess this is the wally world answer. Lets bury our heads in the sand hope the bad people can't see us.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

NO. How naive of you.
Guess you think, if we hand all the land back to, whoever. The bad bad terrorists, will leave us alone. I know, the bad naughty boys with rocket launchers are just misunderstood.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good point.

One lesson from history I think should be remembered is the fate of Germany between the wars. The victorious allies were hell-bent on punishing Germany after the 1st world war, and getting reparations. This led to a climate of misery and hatred in the country, one that allowed Hitler to flourish. Conversely, after the 2nd world war Germany was treated differently and the result is that now we have a Germany that is a successful ally and friend. I think a lot of people actually resent the fact that Germany did so well after the war, but the alternative was another bitter country ripe for another Hitler. The same applies today in the middle-east. We use our superior technology to 'punish' the various countries in the middle east, making their lives miserable and fostering a hatred against us - a climate ripe for nutcases to rally them into a fervour against the west.

If just a fraction of that multi-billion dollar war budget was used for development projects in those countries we may see a different outcome. But you can hear the texas rednecks now - 'why are my taxes going to build schools in Iraq?'. So we will continue to fund invasions, but not projects that could do good. Oh well, all I can do is hope we don't get another 4 years of Republicans ... oh please, oh please, oh please ...
Hold on to the edge, your about to fall off.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Frank

You are a smart guy and there is no way anyone should confuse the difference of a job for a nurse,fireman or police officer working in the States, to that of a young soldier operating in a war zone.

Who btw have been sent away far from home to a distant nation to fight and kill innocent and guilty people in order to carry out a doctrine of world domination that includes control of the worlds oil.Our troops are used properly in many cases but that is not true of why they were sent to Iraq.

Of course you must know that if Iraq didn't have oil we would not be over there.Unlike the Clinton Admin, Bush has not sent the troops in to end bloodshed to stop ethnic cleansing.Obviously that is not the reason why we have our troops in the Middle East.

A career soldier understands that there will be a time when corrupt civilian leaders will gain power.My brother inlaw who was in the Navy for several years was offered the chance to re-up for additional years when Bush came into power but decided against it because he was concern that a republican administration would not respect the life of enlisted men.

Thank goodness he and many other soldiers had the instincts and wisdom to understand the shifting winds .You might want to read the statistics about the soaring level of suicides in the military since Bush has sent our young people over to Iraq.

I was ROTC Airforce in college but I never served in a conflict.The military soldier is willing to do what ever is ask of him/her.But its our job as voters to make sure that these kids are in the hands of responsible leaders.4000+ dead,40,000 injured soldiers, 150,000 dead innocent Iraq civilians would all be unaffected today if Gore had been selected for president.

Now we are all having to pay the price for our government having spent three trillian dollars from our economy for this war.Because of it the recession will be longer and certain entitlements will have to be slashed including social security.All a direct effect of voters not making wise decisions when picking civilian leaders.

Still too many voters picking the canidate who seems like a "cool person" to have a drink with,or picking someone because they like their personality.I wonder how many people would be crazy enough to pick a doctor to perform surgery on them because he seem like a cool witty guy?Not many I would guess!
whats all this to do with voting for Obama.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:48 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

One lesson from history I think should be remembered is the fate of Germany between the wars. The victorious allies were hell-bent on punishing Germany after the 1st world war, and getting reparations....
That was mainly down to the French wasn't it? They were full of vengeance over the way the krauts had re-arranged their fields (along with their friends the Belgians). Not so sure the Americans were out for German blood and we just wanted to get back to managing our empire and making tea.
This led to a climate of misery and hatred in the country, one that allowed Hitler to flourish. ...
Down to the frogs, right?
Conversely, after the 2nd world war Germany was treated differently and the result is that now we have a Germany that is a successful ally and friend. ...
No doubt the memory of what led to the rise of Adolf had a lot to do with that. What about the fact that America was scared of the Reds wanting to go sunbathing off the French coast? The blistering Russian war machine could probably have creamed the US army in Europe in 1945.
I think a lot of people actually resent the fact that Germany did so well after the war, but the alternative was another bitter country ripe for another Hitler. ...
Or Uncle Joe in Berlin.
The same applies today in the middle-east. We use our superior technology to 'punish' the various countries in the middle east, making their lives miserable and fostering a hatred against us - a climate ripe for nutcases to rally them into a fervour against the west. ...
Well, the Soviets aren't around anymore so there has to be some reason for the arms industry.
$10 Billion a month is what I understand this thing is running at.
Thats a lot of health care. Here in the US.
And unemployment cheques.
Housing.
Teachers/Schools/Uni grants
Business loans.
etc.

Sort of makes you a bit miffed doesn't it?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:51 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
The blistering Russian war machine could probably have creamed the US army in Europe in 1945.
They wouldn't have tried. We had the A-bomb then. We would have creamed them back home in Russia with no problem at all.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
But, would it though? You'd like to think so; but we can't know 100% for sure......
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:00 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
But, would it though? You'd like to think so; but we can't know 100% for sure......
Given the current intelligence of the POTUS, I'd think you'd have a high chance of a different direction being taken post 9/11 by someone who knows what the word 'consequence' means and not 'they tried to kill my daddy'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.