Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why didn't anyone tell me...

Why didn't anyone tell me...

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why didn't anyone tell me...

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
That's the one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Beharry Beharry...so he's one of only 12 people with a VC still alive...last two to get it were http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_John_McKay and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._Jones both dead, in the falklands, though surving members before them to get it in action, a couple of aussies in Vietnam.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:32 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Jack Wild died yesterday ,did you see that ?
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
that John Peel died some time last year? Come on...who else has pegged out in the last few years while I've been in MIA from blighty.
I know George best was one of them.
Suggest you spend a couple of minutes looking on this site, whenever you can.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Jack Wild died yesterday ,did you see that ?
Was he the kid that played the Artful Dodger in Oliver?
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:34 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Okay last one - See more at the Dead People's Server

http://www.dpsinfo.com/dps/2005.html

Sometimes it may be down

The Guardian has a pretty good obituaries section...

www.guardian.co.uk

Lots of other fascinating stuff in it that might be of interest to the OP, besides dead people

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:36 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Was he the kid that played the Artful Dodger in Oliver?
That's him and HR Puffnstuff, what the F was that all about
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:38 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Beharry Beharry...so he's one of only 12 people with a VC still alive...last two to get it were http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_John_McKay and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._Jones both dead, in the falklands, though surving members before them to get it in action, a couple of aussies in Vietnam.
That's my old Regiment (The Queens) before they renamed it the POWs, FFS Good on him.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by tony126
Suggest you spend a couple of minutes looking on this site, whenever you can.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/
Cheeky sod!! I'm not living the life of Riley like you mate.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
The Guardian has a pretty good obituaries section...

www.guardian.co.uk

Lots of other fascinating stuff in it that might be of interest to the OP, besides dead people

I wouldn't be caught dead reading the Guardian!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:43 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

that John Peel died some time last year? Come on...who else has pegged out in the last few years while I've been in MIA from blighty.
I know George best was one of them.
Damn, you didn't know that?!

They broke into Radio 1 and started playing "Teenage Kicks" and everyone just knew what had happened..... was October of 2004. I remember thinking "no Festive 50 this year."

Keep up with the music, man!
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:44 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be caught dead reading the Guardian!!!
But what about reading the dead in the Guardian
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
That's my old Regiment (The Queens) before they renamed it the POWs, FFS Good on him.
Didnt give much thought for the initials considering its an Army Reg did they!! LOL
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Damn, you didn't know that?!

They broke into Radio 1 and started playing "Teenage Kicks" and everyone just knew what had happened..... was October of 2004. I remember thinking "no Festive 50 this year."

Keep up with the music, man!
Keep up with the music...I'm having trouble keeping up with the f**king laundry..what chance has the music got.?
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
But what about reading the dead in the Guardian
I thought that what I typed.......I really need to pay more attention before i hit the "submit" button.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:48 pm

Didnt give much thought for the initials considering its an Army Reg did they!! LOL
It took a genius at the MOD months to think that one up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.