Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why America.

Why America.

Old May 20th 2004, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

matt007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why America.

I know this might not be the right forum forgive me.

Why, as a Brit myself I love the U.S. and would love to live there.

A few years a ago I had a an amazing experience in the States.

I landed in Toronto from the UK (last minute flight) had a plan to see a bit of Canada and hitch hike across the States. Stuck my thumb out outside Toronto airport got picked up by a lovely family stayed with them for a week in their lovely house on the side of Lake Ontario. They threw me a party the night before I left and then drove me across the border to Michigan. When they dropped me off I left my money and passport, airline tickets and money on the backseat of the car by mistake. STUNNED!!! While sitting on the pavement wondering what I was going to do another family pulled up ended up staying with them for 10 days, they fed me gave me money, (didn't ask) took me to parades, fishing the whole works. The people in Toronto forwarded my docs to California, I hitch hiked all the way without a penny. Families kept picking me and taking me home, I never spent one penny on accomadtion. I even got a free flight from Sun Valley to Salt Lake City. I helped out a DJ in California he got me free rooms in the Red Lion Hotels where he worked. Got to My reli's in Riverside had another big party hitched back to Toronto, still picked up and taken home by families every single night. One familiy took me 300 miles to see Niagra falls. Amazing!!!!. THAT'S WHY I LOVE THE US OF A. I have never really been to church but went to say thankyou to whoever was looking after me. I really really really wanna be there. Since then been on Harley road trips and visted 30+ States on other road. I love the USA.

Does anyone know a rich 99 yr old lady who wants to marry?

Matt

Last edited by matt007; May 20th 2004 at 2:09 pm.
Old May 20th 2004, 2:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why America.

I just know if I tried that.. I would have been picked up by the Manson family..
Old May 20th 2004, 2:31 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ray6
I just know if I tried that.. I would have been picked up by the Manson family..
Hmm.. perhaps he resembles a Bassett Hound?

(Only joking Matt... glad that you had such a good experience.)

Sorry I can't help out with the 99yr old thingy.....
Old May 20th 2004, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

matt007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Basset hound eh! Well no matter how hard I try I can't lick my own ****. Although I do have a very short attention span and get excited when the door bell rings.

Matt