Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who would you have in your Top 100 Welsh people of all time?

Who would you have in your Top 100 Welsh people of all time?

Old Sep 9th 2003, 1:53 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who would you have in your Top 100 Welsh people of all time?

At last, a chance to settle once for all who are the greatest Welsh men and women? Get voting!

http://100welshheroes.com

Does Prince William count, or maybe I'll just settle for "Jones the Voice"?
Attached Images  
Old Sep 9th 2003, 1:56 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Out of that top 10 Ive heard of 2!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Paul Jones the current Southampton and Wales goalie was born in Chirk Clwyd.
Was the goalie when Stockport won promotion to Division 1 in 1996. It would surely be an oversight to have any other than him at number 1?

The Stockport manager at the time was Dave Jones. Although he was born in Liverpool surely his name indicates he has a little Taff in there somewhere and can therefore qualify at number 2.

Kieran Durkan (born in Chester, quite close to Wales) got transfered to Stockport County in 1996 and played an instrumental part in their success of that year. He came to Stockport from Wrexham. He is still Welsh at heart playing for Swansea. Hence he is my number 3.

That'll do for now!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who would you have in your Top 100 Welsh people of all time?

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
At last, a chance to settle once for all who are the greatest Welsh men and women? Get voting!

Does Prince William count, or maybe I'll just settle for "Jones the Voice"?
Anthony Hopkins, an american now but hay, I better say Tom Jones because last time I was in Wales I nearly got kicked back to England just saying he was no longer hip.
lol
Old Sep 9th 2003, 2:56 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I will give you a top ten, I doubt if I know 100 welsh people

1. Ivor the Engine
2. Orka (the killer Wale)
3. Raquel Welsh
4. Sian Jones (we had rumpy pumpy 20 years ago, it couldn't of been that good if she is below Ivor the engine)
5. Vinny Jones
6. Aled Jones (before his balls dropped)
7. Charlotte Church
8. Max Boyce
9. King Llewyln (The legend of King Arthur to the English)
10. That welsh page 3 bird that was about the same time as Sam Fox.

If Catherine Zeta Jones ever gets naked in a film I may consider her!

Patrick
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:00 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked on the site, you only need 11 votes to get into the top 10, lets pick someone obscure and all vote for them. I vote for Ivor the Engine

Patrick
Old Sep 9th 2003, 4:26 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

Ivor the Engine it is then.

i placed my nomination, can even come back next day and place it over and over again.

Jones the Steam!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 5:54 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ivor the Engine it is then.

i placed my nomination, can even come back next day and place it over and over again.

Jones the Steam!
Same here, Ivor nominated in all catergories
Old Sep 9th 2003, 6:54 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

There are 100 people in Wales?
Old Sep 9th 2003, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Ivor the engine indeed! Get real you lot.
I've just voted for Morgan the moon
Old Sep 9th 2003, 8:01 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
I will give you a top ten, I doubt if I know 100 welsh people

1. Ivor the Engine
2. Orka (the killer Wale)
3. Raquel Welsh
4. Sian Jones (we had rumpy pumpy 20 years ago, it couldn't of been that good if she is below Ivor the engine)
5. Vinny Jones
6. Aled Jones (before his balls dropped)
7. Charlotte Church
8. Max Boyce
9. King Llewyln (The legend of King Arthur to the English)
10. That welsh page 3 bird that was about the same time as Sam Fox.

If Catherine Zeta Jones ever gets naked in a film I may consider her!

Patrick
Raquel Welch is not Welsh and probably has no Welsh in her (maybe had a Welshman in her but that's another thread). Her real name is Raquel Tejada and that should give you an idea of her roots.

NC Penguin
Old Sep 9th 2003, 8:07 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

Originally posted by Taffyles
Ivor the engine indeed! Get real you lot.
I've just voted for Morgan the moon
Remember Super Ted!
Attached Thumbnails Who would you have in your Top 100 Welsh people of all time?-pic1.jpg  
Old Sep 9th 2003, 8:11 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Raquel Welch is not Welsh and probably has no Welsh in her (maybe had a Welshman in her but that's another thread). Her real name is Raquel Tejada and that should give you an idea of her roots.

NC Penguin
Actually it's Jo Raquel Tejada, and it's a pun on the name: welch = welsh
Old Sep 9th 2003, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

What, no Anthony Hopkins !!!!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 10:12 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

100 people - thats all of Wales.

As they say in wales ' "Oh no there is no bread, I shall have to have toast instead".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.