Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who Will Rent To K1 Couple Moving to USA from UK?

Who Will Rent To K1 Couple Moving to USA from UK?

Old Apr 26th 2022, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

glomps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who Will Rent To K1 Couple Moving to USA from UK?

Hello!
Anyone have any ideas of who might rent to us as we are both moving together from abroad? Ideally, in the South...
We know as we come with no credit of history of 'local' renting its difficult, thought maybe someone would have advice.

Many thanks!
Old Apr 26th 2022, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Will Rent To K1 Couple Moving to USA from UK?

When I first moved over, any fears were alleviated when I provided first/last rent check with 2 additional months in cash.
Old Apr 26th 2022, 7:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I don't know the answer to your question but if you have both been living in the UK, why are you doing a K-1 visa? Getting married and doing a CR immigrant visa would make a lot more sense.

Rene
Old Apr 27th 2022, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute

I second the previous poster about the CR-1. Why would you put yourself in a situation where you are in limbo for so long? The K-1 is ideal for people who can’t be together without it. You’re already together. If you have a career that you value, you might want to consider the CR-1 so that you can work right away and not fall down the career ladder whilst you wait out the months and months for your work authorization. Don’t believe TLC that it takes 3 months.
Old Apr 27th 2022, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

You won't know until you try.
Old Apr 27th 2022, 11:22 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

This does not make much sense to me. Is the US half of the couple a dual citizen or how are they living in UK. If so get married in UK and do CR1. If not dual, I think a UK fiancee/marriage visa would be needed, and the US person will be going back to US long before the K1 is approved (failing some other UK visa in their hand). And they would have a credit score of some sort
Old Jul 9th 2022, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

mikefrom is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a similar issue when I moved to USA, big struggle with no USA credit or rental history, apart from paying a bigger deposit as a carrot, my employer had to act as my rent guarantor for a year, it was either that or work had to pay for my hotel until I found a place to live.

Last edited by mikefrom; Jul 9th 2022 at 3:31 pm.