Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who lives in Virginia?

Who lives in Virginia?

Old Mar 23rd 2012, 10:02 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who lives in Virginia?

This popped up while I was sofa surfing the internet. No one is daft enough to actually drive into that are they?? Surely that is the way to the Underworld
Attached Thumbnails Who lives in Virginia?-images.jpeg  
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 11:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who lives in Virginia?

Looks like a pretty cool tunnel...
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 11:34 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

All it needs is a monorail...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZjzsnPhnw
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

We have driven through it. It was worth the effort.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel? Never done that one and I don't want to. Just checked and it is, something like 14 miles long in total.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

SMSH will become famous soon enough

Looks like the HRBT (Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel), though could be the Chesapeake Bay BT. Amazing engineering!
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SMSH View Post
Looks like the HRBT (Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel), though could be the Chesapeake Bay BT. Amazing engineering!
The pic showed up in a search of CBBT, HRBT still isn't fun.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

SMSH will become famous soon enough

I actually enjoy going on the bridge tunnels, though I wouldn't want to have to commute through them every day -- I live about 5 minutes drive time from HRBT, so I get to see how horrible a bottleneck it is during rushhour. Friday afternoons are the worst -- it gets backed up on the Norfolk side beginning about noon.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SMSH View Post
I live about 5 minutes drive time from HRBT...Friday afternoons are the worst -- it gets backed up on the Norfolk side beginning about noon.
It is a pain having to drive through the tunnel to get to VA Beach on holiday weekends. But when you emerge look West and you'll see the mahoosive aircraft carriers that are the reason for the blasted thing in the first place.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
It is a pain having to drive through the tunnel to get to VA Beach on holiday weekends. But when you emerge look West and you'll see the mahoosive aircraft carriers that are the reason for the blasted thing in the first place.
Drive a little further south and go to the Outer Banks, much nicer. Although visitors to Virginia Beach do get treated better than the locals.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 4:29 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz View Post
This popped up while I was sofa surfing the internet. No one is daft enough to actually drive into that are they?? Surely that is the way to the Underworld
Hell No! You would never ever get me to drive into that. I've broken into a cold sweat just thinking about it
Old Apr 15th 2012, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

I live just a few miles for the HRBT MMBT and CBBT, been through them all many times. It's a bit weird the first time you do it but it's like anything else, soon becomes mundane!