Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who lives in Austin TX?

Who lives in Austin TX?

Old Apr 17th 2006, 2:39 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who lives in Austin TX?

Originally Posted by Yosser
NICE...I'm jealous now.

Its weird it only took me 6 years to discover the place, everyone kept saying how nice Austin was, but its not until you see it for yourself just how nice it really is.

Feel really sorry for you Yorkie...spent a few months working in Houston last year, had no desire at all for the place....and of course the traffic...mental!

Mum is coming over next month so we will go back down to Austin for a couple of days, then a night in San Antonio so she can see the riverwalk. Then a week after that the whole herd (about 14 of us) is going to MAUI for a week windsurfing, kitesurfing, deep sea fishing and golf. I'm so excited I could piss meself.
You're jealous??!!

can I come too?
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
We have had two dry winter/springs in a row so the wildflower bloom is next to nil this year. I have heard it is supposed to hit 98 this week before it cools down for a little while. The weather here is never "average" -- you can combine the numbers into an average, yes, but the variation from "average", especially in winter/spring, is pretty high.

I'm so not ready for 98 F!
I am sooooo ready for 98F.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I am sooooo ready for 98F.
93.4 out at the moment, (7:30 PM). Pool is already up to 83, WITHOUT heating....

Got to go, pool is looking inviting, and there's a beer with my name on it.

- Tim
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
93.4 out at the moment, (7:30 PM). Pool is already up to 83, WITHOUT heating....

- Tim
Nah no good for me I won't get in the pool until the waters over 90F.

Enjoy your beer and your evening.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:24 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know there was a beer called Tim Fountain?

Looks like ERCOT wasn't ready for 98F either. Rolling blackouts, traffic lights out, etc as demand surges due to the heat. We have been asked to keep thermostats set high and not use any electricity that is not necessary.

Supposedly one more day of this and then back to "normal" or mid-80s.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:48 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I didn't know there was a beer called Tim Fountain?

Looks like ERCOT wasn't ready for 98F either. Rolling blackouts, traffic lights out, etc as demand surges due to the heat. We have been asked to keep thermostats set high and not use any electricity that is not necessary.

Supposedly one more day of this and then back to "normal" or mid-80s.

yeah one more day for us in the 90's then back down to the 80's....our house was not affected yesterday however i returned the crap my hubs used to give me..lol ..all the yrs i've put up with him in the uk laughing about water shortage and now some warm weather in texas and what do we have here blackouts ...lolol omg haha for sure what goes around comes around
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:50 am
Account Closed

- Tim
ours got to 81 yesterday but still too cold for delicate british skin...temp has to be above 90 for moi
Old Apr 18th 2006, 11:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by TruBrit
ours got to 81 yesterday but still too cold for delicate british skin...temp has to be above 90 for moi
Morning TruBrit. How's little Millie?

Everyone thinks I'm nuts because I won't use the pool unless its over 90F, so join the club.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Morning TruBrit. How's little Millie?

Everyone thinks I'm nuts because I won't use the pool unless its over 90F, so join the club.

morning jersey and how are you??...millie doing much better thank you yep the pool has to be mid 90's for me otherwise no can do...too chilly
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:40 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
You're jealous??!!

can I come too?
Sorry its all booked up....however me and the ball are going to Cancun next week for 4 nights all inclusive, you can tag along for that if you like
Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in Austin, too, and very nice it is. Plenty of green areas, and half the time you wouldn't know you're in a city.

Lunchtime at work at the moment, and a chance to play with my new cell phone - I'll point the camera out of my office window for you

Now, unless I've completely messed up the attachment stuff, you can just see the arch of the 360/Pennybacker bridge over the trees.
Attached Thumbnails Who lives in Austin TX?-041806_1240.jpg  
Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:35 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scorchio
I'm in Austin, too, and very nice it is. Plenty of green areas, and half the time you wouldn't know you're in a city.

Lunchtime at work at the moment, and a chance to play with my new cell phone - I'll point the camera out of my office window for you

Now, unless I've completely messed up the attachment stuff, you can just see the arch of the 360/Pennybacker bridge over the trees.
Thats a great pic...That could be the bridge we drove over, unless there are several around there? my FIL lives in 'Bee caves' close to Lake Austin, are you familiar with that area?

On the way out back to Dallas we stopped by this pristine stream/creek, water looked good enough to drink...in fact some hitch hiker dude was walking along the creek stopped and drank out of it...so I take it there are no sewage works up stream then?
Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:42 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a great pic...That could be the bridge we drove over, unless there are several around there? my FIL lives in 'Bee caves' close to Lake Austin, are you familiar with that area?
Yes. It probably was the bridge then. It goes over the Colorado River on Loop 360/Capitol of Texas Highway.

There's an unwritten rule that every street / highway has to have at least two names if not more. That way we can confuse the out-of-towners.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

On the way out back to Dallas we stopped by this pristine stream/creek, water looked good enough to drink...in fact some hitch hiker dude was walking along the creek stopped and drank out of it...so I take it there are no sewage works up stream then?
my sil lives in 'bee caves'...nice part of town
Old Apr 18th 2006, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scorchio

Hmmm, I'm wondering if I can guess where you work, based on the angle of the pic. That's the Red Bridge, for sure. Probably Bridgepoint Parkway or thereabouts ... one of those high-falutin' tech firms, I should imagine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.